DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by alliesmama4 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:19 am

Dgflorida wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:38 am
Sunday

Waiting for breakfast to finish cooking before dressing for outside work. It is light now although there is no sun yet. I am happy that I can get going on the ditch grass. The rains may hold off until 2 pm. That would be great. My right elbow was complaining last night, but a bit of liniment was all it needed. My hips are taking turns complaining. oh well.

Today, mow grass, move dirt and make tex mex for dinner. I don't call it Mexican anymore because some Mexican on tv said it was cultural appropriation, so fine it is tex mex.
Dg I do not know how you manage to do all of the work that you do but good luck.. Take time to rest those joints when you can..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:41 am

Thanks for the supportive words, Janet.

Tropical storm Gorden passed by here and left us with some rain and a little wind. I met with the potential yard guy. We will see if I hear from him again. They all want to mow grass, but I want someone who can plant trees and move plants. We will see if he contacts me. Yes, the grass could use a mowing in the back, but it doesn't need to be done. The butterflies like the native flowers and all manners of Florida wildlife need the tall grass. I simply want to get a nice privacy hedge up and then it won't be a bother to the neighbors. I live on a wetland and it is right to leave some land around it natural.

I spent $30 at Winn Dixie yesterday and got $5 off my total. These were things I wanted, so I was ok with it. Buy one, get one free is a good deal on a lot of better quality stuff.

Home Depot will not honor the sales stuff from Lowe's unless it is exactly the same. I didn't realize that there was that much difference. So I will buy another load of blocks from Lowes today. I will be up that way when I go to the dentist.

A tropical storm usually pulls all the air moisture with it, so the next couple of days should be dry. We will see if that applies. There are a couple of spots in the front that could use a cutting.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:32 am

I stopped at Lowes and got more pavers. I will get one more bunch today and stop. I will have saved about $36 off the 100 I bought. I need to mow grass today, so I hope the weather stays dry. While I am out that way, I will get hubs frozen TV Atkins dinners for my October trip. They are on sale at Publix, half price.

Last night, we ate leftovers and I thought of Janet and her amazing frugal eating habits.

Tonight, we will have fish Cajun style. Hubs likes it. We eat pollack which is cheap fish as far as fish goes. Wild caught. I am pulling food out of the freezer and starting to use some of it up.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:24 am

Thursday

Well, I need to get some grass cut. Of course, it rained soon after the insulation people left and it continued until dark. :x

So I will do some this morning and then wash my hair and body which will be sweaty. I will not be able to wash it for a number of days after my eye injection this afternoon. Shower too. Hubs has not been able to shower due to his shingles. The sores are slowly healing, but I am not comfortable with a shower for him until they are better.

I hope the shot doesn't make me feel poorly this time. Sometimes it does. Sometimes not. Just normal frugal here. Washed the cleaning rags and my girl cloths in yesterday's wash. They should be dry now and ready to reuse.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:40 am

Friday

Wow, my post just disappeared. Wonder what is going on. I may post later, but now I need to get going.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:09 am

Saturday

Today, I feel good and energetic. I felt poorly yesterday as I usually do the first 24 hours after the eye injection. I have skipped the T4 medication 2 days in a row. I took it today. I suspect that I still need the medication, but at a lower level due to my body changes on Keto diet. Since the doctors decline to correct the medication levels, I have to do it myself. They just don't believe their own test results and they don't believe a diet can make that kind of difference.

The yard guy is coming Monday and we are moving sugarcane. This should be interesting.

Today, I am going to look over the great list of things in the Little things post. I saw quite a few to add to my frugal doings. In addition, do some more organizing. I may go for a walk on my own since my neighbor does not walk on the weekends. I won't invite hubs until his shingles sores are more healed.

I also hope to drag off a couple of files from the dead computer. They are likely saved on an old version. They are sayings and jokes. I had started to move jokes to my facebook wall, but the computer died before I could complete it.

Well, that is a full day of stuff. Tonight, we will have stir fry with chopped broccoli and cauliflower from the freezer. I also will chop a fresh zucchini in it. Tomorrow will be tex mex with frozen peppers and onions. It might get switched by hubs. Vegetables and meat, the Keto way.