DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:52 am Tuesday am

A vision came to me as I was scanning garden group assorted pictures. It will balance out my large front yard. It will include the garden on the north side, an archway and a white picket fence. I am still working out the details in my head, but it is such an improvement over just throwing plants here and there.
I love seeing a white picket fence with a lovely flower garden. It makes a home feel more homey.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

You know Janet, the white picket fence does have a serenity to it. Well, it will take awhile. The details are always hard.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thursday early am

I was awake early. I looked over more picket fence designs and checked to see if the fence would require a permit. Apparently not. I tried to describe the vision to hubs, but he just didn't get it.

Before the fancy can be attached to the front of the house, it looks like I need to do a bit of painting. Weather is good for this, so looks like I will have to shift my focus that way for awhile. I really want to stay focused on the yard work, but this is preventing a project from being done. oh well. The shelter overhang will be completed today, they say. That will be good.

I need to use up several gift cards that are due to expire the end of the month. There is about $5 on one and $25 on the other. A couple of concrete blocks will use up the $5 and a run to Walmart market will use up the $25. Hubs loves his afternoon cheese and a block of cheese is expensive.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Dgflorida wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:28 am Thursday early am

I was awake early. I looked over more picket fence designs and checked to see if the fence would require a permit. Apparently not. I tried to describe the vision to hubs, but he just didn't get it.

Before the fancy can be attached to the front of the house, it looks like I need to do a bit of painting. Weather is good for this, so looks like I will have to shift my focus that way for awhile. I really want to stay focused on the yard work, but this is preventing a project from being done. oh well. The shelter overhang will be completed today, they say. That will be good.

I need to use up several gift cards that are due to expire the end of the month. There is about $5 on one and $25 on the other. A couple of concrete blocks will use up the $5 and a run to Walmart market will use up the $25. Hubs loves his afternoon cheese and a block of cheese is expensive.
You have gift cards that expire? In Canada most gift cards now must be good until you use them up. Visa and Mastercard gift cards are the only ones that do expire.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Yes, Jackielou. I have several that will expire. You are right, it is a Visa I think. I prefer the store specific cards. Most of mine are.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Friday am

Next Monday is my eye injection. They also will do pictures. So it is a long appointment and I will probably not feel very good after. So I will have to write a couple of days off. That means that whatever vigorous activity I will get done, I will have to do this weekend. Leaves and mowing grass are high priority items.

I will set aside the remainder of my repair sewing for that quiet time next week. I have about 5 repairs waiting.