Gayle's Frugal-Attempts Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Gayle's Spend-less & save more

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:14 pm I think that is pretty much all of us, unless someone knits but hasn't posted about it.
I can do basic knitting and can make a mean grannie square in crocheting...lol. Wish I could do different patterns in crocheting like my Mom she was amazing. I am thinking of knitting a sweater but wanted to get the house( upstairs) in good order first. Then this winter settle down to doing knitting and crocheting. I have a ton of yarn bought on sale and some afghans started but need to be sewn together.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:04 pm I can do basic knitting and can make a mean grannie square in crocheting...lol. Wish I could do different patterns in crocheting like my Mom she was amazing. I am thinking of knitting a sweater but wanted to get the house( upstairs) in good order first. Then this winter settle down to doing knitting and crocheting. I have a ton of yarn bought on sale and some afghans started but need to be sewn together.
I remember you talking about crochet. Knitting isn't that difficult once you have the basic stitches down pat.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:57 am I remember you talking about crochet. Knitting isn't that difficult once you have the basic stitches down pat.
I can do the basics but hesitant to try cable. I think part of it is I may have a learning disability when it comes to reading and interpretation. Once I sit down and concentrate on things I will be able to do them.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:53 am I can do the basics but hesitant to try cable. I think part of it is I may have a learning disability when it comes to reading and interpretation. Once I sit down and concentrate on things I will be able to do them.
It is funny about my doing things. I have a great memory when it is important but when it is simple sometime I just cannot grasp things right away. When I worked in a hospital one of the radiologist came to me to see if I could help him get a patients medical record. He could not get the record from medical records because he could not remember the patients name. He wanted to write an article for JAMA (a medical magazine) about the unique condition of my patient. It has been several months but I was able to tell him the patients name, the treatment, and the outcome. Later that day he came back and said "You were 100% correct on everything. How do you do that?" Told him,"I do not know but do not ask me what I had for lunch I most likely will not be able to tell you" or something along that line. Now I cannot remember..lol..
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

WOW!!! It's been 5 months since I last posted here!!! Well, I have been occupied with chemo feeling icky.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was thinking today, that while I still like counting how many spend & no-spend days I have, well I need to do something else to up my frugal game, so to speak. So I'm still going to list my no-spend days, but on the spend days, I'm going to write down everything I buy with the total I spent on that day. So here goes:

March
No spend: 1
Spend: 1

March 2nd Spend day--Smiths Food & Drug:

Kroger green chili peppers---1@$2.19 (reg 2.29) --savings $0.10
Rice noodles----2@2.67 (reg. 2.95)--savings $0.64
Bumblebee tuna----31@$0.59 (reg. 1.39)--savings $24.80
Kroger TP 30 roll pkg----1@9.99
Moovelous salted butter---1@2.99
Mtn Dairy Milk---2@$2.19 (reg. 2.49)--savings $0.60
Dole Bananas---1.92 lb@$0.59=$1.13
Potatoes 10lb--$3.99
clearance produce (apples, bell peppers)---3@.99=2.98
Great grains bread---3@$2 (reg 2.69)--savings $2.07

Total savings: $28.21 (33%)
***Total spent: $59.38 For 51 items purchased!!***

Plus I have a survey to do that will give me an additional 50 points off on my fuel (5 cents), and I can do that on the app on my phone. :D
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:53 am I can do the basics but hesitant to try cable. I think part of it is I may have a learning disability when it comes to reading and interpretation. Once I sit down and concentrate on things I will be able to do them.
I'm hesitant to try doing cable too, although my stepMom has shown me how to do it, and it Looks very easy; still I haven't tried to do it.