Gayle's Frugal-Attempts Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
rinty

Re: Gayle's Frugal-Attempts Journal

Post by rinty »

Absolutely, she just can't go out, her family need to be thinking of Shielding her. The more of us who tell her, the better x
rinty

Post by rinty »

You alright , Gayle ?What was your favourite part of conference ? I like the new logo and Sister BINghams talk x
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:11 pm You alright , Gayle ?What was your favourite part of conference ? I like the new logo and Sister BINghams talk x
I loved it when I realized that All of the songs were the ones I’d listened to, in the weeks prior to church being closed, while my family was gone to church on Sundays (does that make sense?). I also like the Primary General President’s talk, can't remember her name. And Elder Hales talk (or maybe not him, I'd have to go back & listen to them again to see his face again).
——-
As for am I alright? I’m frankly exhausted, getting very little time to rest during daytime due to kids being home and dd7 thinking she needs Mama at her side when dhe’s doing her schoolwork. I go to bed exhausted & hurting, and wake up the same way.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Its nice to be able to support the kids though, especially now you do your substitute teaching. Have you found you are able to use anything you learned or have taught with your own kids to help support their learning ? I brought home lots from my job and it got parcelled out and passed onto the DGKs, as study aides.

Jeffrey R Holland is a fav in our family as he was in our area presidency and DH calling at the time meant he met with him often. He wrote a lovely letter to our kids.

Thinking of you today as its Fast day. Do not overdo this, you are keeping the spirit of the fast, simply by praying, if you ate simple food that needed no preparation that would be the spirit of the fast.

YOu look after yourself as well, don't go into things all guns blazing, remember to pace yourself always. Stay safe and stay out of the shops !!!!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:07 am Its nice to be able to support the kids though, especially now you do your substitute teaching. Have you found you are able to use anything you learned or have taught with your own kids to help support their learning ? I brought home lots from my job and it got parcelled out and passed onto the DGKs, as study aides.

Jeffrey R Holland is a fav in our family as he was in our area presidency and DH calling at the time meant he met with him often. He wrote a lovely letter to our kids.

Thinking of you today as its Fast day. Do not overdo this, you are keeping the spirit of the fast, simply by praying, if you ate simple food that needed no preparation that would be the spirit of the fast.

YOu look after yourself as well, don't go into things all guns blazing, remember to pace yourself always. Stay safe and stay out of the shops !!!!
I am drinking fluids, but fasting from food. I may break my fast at about 2pm and eat a small snack before I prepare dinner.

I don't go into things guns blazing as you say, I simply do not have enough energy anymore to charge into things. I move very slowly these days.

I have been printing I-spy pages for my girls for next week, as this week was their Spring Break--though I still had girls do some of their online programs for a couple of days.

What a fun memory for your family with Elder Holland! I so love that!