Gayle's Frugal-Attempts Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
gaylejackson2

Re: Gayle's Frugal-Attempts Journal

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:51 am Yes, I heard Friday was full panic at most grocery stores. I went to the bulk food store for nuts and I was the only customer there. I stopped at the dollar tree near the store and there was plenty of toilet paper. And no panic buying there either. Strange
I haven't gone to the dollar stores here, don't want to.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I did shop again Saturday morning; took ds17 along as he's much stronger than me.

I plan for today, Sunday, to be a no-spend day.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Shopped today with ds15 at walmart... have shopped a couple of other days too but haven't put those on here yet, I'm definitely beyond my desired 15+ no spend days.

So today's total was $51.62 with over half of the total being from ds15 who contributed his $20 and asked me to help him with the rest... I just had him add his items to mine.

*sighs* Bank refused to refund 10 overdraft charges for me, only get 5 they said. well hell, aren't I sunk in a deep pond then, I REALLY NEEDED that extra $125 so I wouldn't have ANOTHER $25 overdraft charge. oh well. I'm sure dh will make yet another snarky comment about "where's your nest egg since I took care of EVERYTHING while you were laid up?" oh yeah that nest egg?? the non-exsistant one?? Because I was still paying all teh usual bills, PLUS picking up the charges for the financial bits that used to be covered by my income.

ONE THING i DO KNOW, IF we do get a stimulus check, IT IS going to be MINE!!!!!!! Because unlike his pretend needs, I DO NEED IT!!! (new shoes for me, new glasses for ds15, new orthotics for my poor feet... still leaving a small sum to tuck away for that ever-present rainy day.)
rinty

Post by rinty »

You need to log that response , re " when you were laid up " ofr the therapist to see.

Please don't go shopping any more. The boys can do it with a rigid list. Try and let some stress go. Your bank are asses. Call and speak to someone stating your medical condition, appeal to them in a personal way, to their decency. It may work, it may not.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:44 am You need to log that response , re " when you were laid up " for the therapist to see.

Please don't go shopping any more. The boys can do it with a rigid list. Try and let some stress go. Your bank are asses. Call and speak to someone stating your medical condition, appeal to them in a personal way, to their decency. It may work, it may not.
Bank is not asses... they are willing to deferment 3 months payments on any loans--that would give me $750 that I could squirrel away.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Gayle, I agree with Rinty. You don't need to be out shopping. Just too risky for you and just too tiring.