Gayle's Spend-less & save more

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
gaylejackson2

Re: Gayle's Spend-less & save more

Post by gaylejackson2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 am

I did Not spend on March 8th or 10th, but did spend on the 9th and 11th — we needed eggs, sugar, etc after Sunday’s breakfast-for-dinner binge; now we have plenty, including 9 gallons of milk. :o

So current totals are:
Spend: 6
No-spend: 5

Am still aiming for 15-16 no-spend days, and I can do it IF I can keep out of the stores.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Two weeks since I was last on here, oh my! Well I tend to spend on certain days, and by looking at my calendar I know when I spent. So I spent on the 15th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, and 24 (that was an emergency spend as hadn't made bread and Dd6 loves her GF lunch sandwiches). I will likely shop for milk & apples tomorrow, so my updated totals as of today are:

Spend: 11
No-spend: 12

Wanting 15/16 days of no-spend this month, and if I can avoid spending for the rest of the week (past tomorrow's planned spend though I didn't record it here yet), then I'll get it.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:09 am

I did spend yesterday as planned, though it was for much more than just apples and milk as Dh decided that we should make GF spaghetti, but buy gluteny french bread for Dmil, and I'd remembered that I no longer had any canned tomatoes -- however I found a sale on the big cans (36 oz I think) for 10/$8, so I bought 10 of them... they will give us at least 5 meals.

No spending planned for today, tomorrow, and hopefully not on Friday either; although I could spend either on Saturday or Friday, am just hoping to wait as long as I can.

So current totals are:

Spend: 12
No-spend: 13

Getting closer to my desired 15-16 days of no-spends.
------
I was reflecting early this morning that I've been using up and/or recycling at a steady pace... I made foaming handsoap mix from the last tablespoon or two of an unloved shampoo by adding it to warm water, then gently agitating it until mixed together. It works beautifully, in fact so well that I may buy another handsoap dispenser if I see them on sale in coming weeks, to put in kitchen.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:55 am

I love my foaming dispensers. I like the foaming soap a lot. I make my own by using cheap hand dish detergent and cutting it with water. It has to be thin to foam. I am sure I use a lot less for washing, but it cuts the grease on the plates just fine and washes my hands just fine. It is a good frugal find to me.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:03 pm

Finishing out March:

I spent on the 29th, but not on the 28th, 30th, or 31st, so those added to my previous totals gave me the following:

Spend: 13
No Spend: 17

Hurray!! I got 2 more than my wanted 15 No spend days!! It was tough though, and I fully expect April to be as hard too.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:09 pm

April's no-spend... I want 15 days again, and I *think* I can get it done! ;)
-------
I did spend on April 1st, then again on the 5th, 6th :(, and 8th. I don't plan to spend again until the 13th or 13th (Friday or Saturday) if at all possible. I do need to make better lists too, even paper ones again, so I stop making extra trips for the things I forgot.

Here are my current totals, including a no-spend for today April 9th:

No-spend: 5
Spend: 4

Wanting 15 no-spend days again, and I'm happily 1/3 of the way there. :D