Just A Bit of This, Dash of That June Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Just A Bit of This, Dash of That June Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

I need to remember to use things up, take a closer look at what something can be recycled into and this challenge makes me mindful of this.

Anyone care to join in?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Carleen

Re: Just A Bit of This, Dash of That June Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Post by Carleen »

We're still working on recycling books. In addition to the several boxes of books that we have already donated to our local library, we took three more boxes to them yesterday. I'm counting that donation as a June event since we needed the room in Hubby's car trunk for another load which will go there in the next few days.

The area where all these books came from is now looking VERY nice!!! I realize that this purging should have been done ages ago, but hindsight is a nasty thing. Onward!!! And three cheers for us!!!

I hasten to add that nothing is actually being thrown away. Repurposing and donating are huge with us!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

A couple of use it ups have occurred over the past couple of days.

Hubby used up his shampoo and I recycled the pump into another bottle of shampoo. The pump would not work on this one and so after Hubby finished his I finally had a working pump shampoo.

We finished a couple of slivers of bath soap (well Hubby did).

I finished off a large ball of bulky weight yarn and am working on finishing up two more of that weight. One of which is the same colour, the second is of a contrasting colour.

Used up 6 fabric remnants from other projects.

Used up a package of fish fillets.

Used up the leftover shredded cheese.

Used up the leftover coleslaw.

Used up a loaf of bread.

Recycled some leftover dirt from many years ago into a pot, I will be adding some mulch and then planting some orange seeds I have.
Jackie
Momof2Still

Post by Momof2Still »

I usually only post in the yearly challenge, but I am trying to track how much of an item I use in order to downsize my freezers and pantry without having to constantly buy things not on sale. I think posting here also may help with that.

Yesterday I used up:

The last of the opened bottle of dishwashing liquid
The last 6 potatoes of the older bag and 3 from the newer bag
1 can of green beans
Most of one breast + one thigh from a rotisserie chicken
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

We race through food so FAST, that I don't post about it much, though I do think about it when we use up food items. :lol:

Sunday I used up 4 small yarn balls in making saltines. Yesterday, I finished a loom-knit hat (with my girls' help); now I need to wind the remainder of those skeins into balls for future use too. Am still working on completing a scarf, then will use a bit of dark red in edging that scarf -- it 'needs' a bit of color.

I opened a new pump bottle of hand soap, am soooo glad I went looking in basement storage to see if I still had any. I do miss the foaming soap dispenser but it's broken beyond repair. Am thinking I need to find recipes to make my own liquid soap, we have SOOO many hotel soaps.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up an onion, pepper, the remaining broccoli and remaining cauliflower making the stir fry last night.

Hubby is using up some paint on touch ups down in the basement.

I used up one bottle of dishwashing soap, of course I rinsed it out before saying it was empty. The bottle is saved to pour some more detergent in from the large jug I bought at Costco.
Jackie