Use Up the Pantry Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
MackerelCat

Re: Use Up the Pantry Challenge

Post by MackerelCat »

It should be fine, Bev. Cocoa is mostly used for sweets, such as making chocolate frosting, homemade cake, brownies, fudge, hot chocolate, chocolate mug cakes, and mocha coffee drinks, but it can also be used in making some Mexican sauces.

People with dark brown hair also use it as a dry shampoo, brushing it through their oily hair to clean it.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Today I will use up a bit of romaine lettuce in the crisper along with hopefully most of the whipped topping. I am going to make a black forest cake at some point today.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I was starving when I got home from work this evening and I needed "fast food - fast". I cooked up the last of a hue bag of pasta shells from my daughter's stash (I asked first - she said I don't have to ask but I always do), added some powdered cheese from her stash and some almond milk and a can of peas. Honestly, it tastes absolutely delicious - I would make this again.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Yesterday I got all of those little fast food condiments that were taking up space in my fridge. The containers were not large enough to use a particular flavor so what I did is mix them all up. There must have been about 16 of them. I did find an additional eight containers of green hot sauce but I chucked those. There was also a tiny bit of salsa left in a jar. So I dumped all 16 containers into a salsa jar and mixed by shaking. there was plenty then to use on the 20 chicken wings I baked and they tasted very good! And now I have quite a bit more space in the fridge. This particular fridge does not have a whole lot of shelf space so I always have to move and juggle things around.

Bev
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I organized the little chest freezer and over the fridge freezer again. Pulled out a beef roast and a whole chicken. The chicken is thawing in the fridge and I cooked the beef roast on low for hours in the oven. It was smothered in a sliced red onion that needed to be used. It came out great and I made gravy from the pan juices so as not to waste a bit.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Found a couple of packages of dark-chocolate chips that were about 1/4 full, so used them in a batch of oatmeal-chocolate chip bars.