Use Up the Pantry Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Use Up the Pantry Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Over the last week we have used up 4 tins of salmon (eldest loves salmon sandwiches at lunch), a tin of diced tomatoes, a tin of tomato paste, 2 tins of condensed tomato soup, and a can of mushrooms. It did make a slight dent in the bedroom pantry.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Still using up items in the pantry, but I am planning a partial restock as things are getting bad for the Delta variant here. I only want to shop twice a month so things will be collected this week to last that long or a bit longer.

Baking supplies for Thanksgiving and Christmas need to be purchased as well. I might even look for some cat fabric to make a quilt for youngest DS. If I am making one for the oldest I may as well make one for the youngest. This means more batting needs to be purchased as well.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

No cute cat fabric found as of yet.... I have used up a few ready meals in the freezer, the stuffed peppers are gone and today the leftover potato leek soup is being used up.

I gave the DS's each some leftover turkey, an tinfoil meal of eggplant parma, some raspberry jam, a jar of salsa and a container of green sweet relish.
Jackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Today I will use 2 onions and a couple cups of lentils making some filling for lentil tacos to have on hand. I have a 5 lb. bag of carrots that need to be used as well - any ideas, anyone?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Happy Daze, carrot raisin slaw, carrot soup (like butternut squash soup, but with carrots), carrot-oatmeal muffins, carrots and onions roasted on a sheet pan sprinkled with olive oil and herbs.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:21 pm Happy Daze, carrot raisin slaw, carrot soup (like butternut squash soup, but with carrots), carrot-oatmeal muffins, carrots and onions roasted on a sheet pan sprinkled with olive oil and herbs.
Thanks, Mackie, those all sound great! I do believe the muffins and the soup are going on next week's menu!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz