Use Up the Pantry Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Use Up the Pantry Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the container of stew from the large freezer. I believe there is only some soup stock, veggies, and some soup left to use up.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I plan on using up some tins of tuna from the back pantry today. They are getting close to their use by date.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Well I have been slowly using up those meals I made and froze before my surgery. I have also used up two of three bags of frozen blueberries making a pie. A couple of days ago I used up a Beef Barley Soup from the chest freezer and amalgamated (or rather lassoed) all the other meals. I only have a few left and should be able to finish those over the next couple of weeks.

I still need to do some baking to use up the apple pie filling and I believe there is some pumpkin as well as butternut squash to use in baking as well.
Jackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I will be eating from the freezer and pantry for the entire upcoming week. I don't know what the plan is yet, as I've been "planned lazy" today and haven't looked into it yet - but I know I have plenty of food. I'm thinking of baking a bunch of potatoes and making a pot of soup - don't know what else yet.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I did some using up from the freezer this weekend. HB left us some meat he impulse bought (he often did not feel like eating but would buy stuff that was a good deal), so I used some beef to make soup. Used up some link sausage bought with a coupon several weeks ago and frozen. Used some frozen spinach and corn in a casserole.

Used up an opened bag of fresh carrots in DH's soup. He loves carrots and beef together.

I need to stock up on diced tomatoes. The weekend cooking used up all I had in the pantry.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Finished a couple of partially used boxes of "mug desserts" in the pantry. One for mug cake the other for a pudding-type dessert with topping. Also used up another box of pudding ( Not DH's favorite, since he's not much for coconut.)

We're down to our last canned soup, and I just restocked the cereal supply with a couple of sales.