Use Up the Pantry Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Use Up the Pantry Challenge

Post by HappyDaze »

LWolfT wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:15 pm Found a couple of packages of dark-chocolate chips that were about 1/4 full, so used them in a batch of oatmeal-chocolate chip bars.
Oh yum! Do you have the recipe that you can share? (Trying to use up the oatmeal DD got in preparation for the zombie apocalypse).
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Made a soup yesterday using some Vegeta vegetarian soup seasoning (like powdered broth concentrate), the last 3 of DD's carrots that were going to go to waste, several small cooking onions, a bag of frozen spinach, some celery and 2 cans of stewed tomatoes. Have mercy and not to toot my own horn, but it is goooood!!

I really need to eat some of the soup that is in the freezer before I make anymore soup. I have chili bean soup, lentil soup, cabbage soup and split pea soup in there - about 7 jars total between the 4 kinds.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I managed to use up the bits and bobs and small amounts of veggies I had left in the crisper. Now I will work on using up some of the frozen fruit and veggies in the freezer downstairs. I have a craving for pumpkin muffins....I believe I saw a container of pureed pumpkin in the depths.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Does anyone have a good recipe using cooked celery? I have 4 large stalks that need to be used. I already diced a lot of celery for veggie burgers. I could always eat raw celery with peanut butter - but I'm just not feeling that and I really only care of celery when it's cooked.

I'm thinking I could add some to a creamy pasta dish. I would say scalloped potatoes with celery but I'm out of potatoes and that does not warrant a trip to the store.

I don't want to make more soup - I'm trying to eat up the 7 or so jars of soup that are in the freezer. Help!

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Eat or toss? I have about 3 cups of homemade vegetable soup in the frige that I made LAST weekend - or maybe even during the week last week - I can't remember. It doesn't smell "bad" - it's hard to tell really, when it's cold.

Would you eat it?

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Made scalloped potatoes today, enough for today's lunches and 3 work lunches. Added some leftover broccoli. Have stuffed peppers baking now, using up the last of my red lentils, 2 HUGE carrots, s couple small zucchini and some other random things. Baked corn muffins first thing this morning - used up the last of the honey in those, substituted flax meal & water for the eggs - they turned out great and will be nice for breakfast or as a side with the scalloped potatoes.

Charles M. Schultz