Projects for 2019

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Projects for 2019

Post by Jackielou »

1. New front door installed. Done

2. Windows installed in the back part of the basement.

3. Back cinderblock part of the basement insulated.

4. Replant the lilies in the perennial bed. This is done though the lilies do not seem to be coming up like they should. Done

5. Remove all baseboard heaters in the addition. Hubby almost has this done now. Only two left to remove and one will be coming out very soon.

6. Paint walls in hall and our bedroom.

7. Hopefully just touch up walls in remaining rooms that have baseboard heat.

8. Paint ceiling in living room, dining room, and kitchen.

9. Continue operation declutter. On going each and every day almost. There is always something small that is being added to the donation pile or tossed because its usefulness is at an end.

10. Start Christmas gifts a bit earlier again so I don't feel as rushed.

11. Biggy for me is to find and cook two more meatless meals a month (hopefully bringing total to at least 10 no meat eating days, or perhaps I should say very little meat eating days as my soups always have a tiny bit of meat). Doing not too badly on this. Still needs a bit of work though.

12. Stay within budget for the year.

13. Make or buy curtains for basement library/bedroom. Done

14. Perhaps remove tree from side yard. If removed build a pergola type covering at end of deck.

15. A lovely bench for our entry way so I can sit to put my shoes and boots on. Perhaps with storage cubbies under it so I can clean up one corner of the entry way. Even better would be some hooks above to hang our everyday coats on. Done

Updated project list. Still lots to do but we are getting there.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

1. New front door installed. Done

2. Windows installed in the back part of the basement.

3. Back cinderblock part of the basement insulated. Done

4. Replant the lilies in the perennial bed. This is done though the lilies do not seem to be coming up like they should. Done

5. Remove all baseboard heaters in the addition. Hubby almost has this done now. Only two left to remove and one will be coming out very soon. Done

6. Paint walls in hall and our bedroom. Hall done, living room done just bedroom left to do.

7. Hopefully just touch up walls in remaining rooms that have baseboard heat.

8. Paint ceiling in living room, dining room, and kitchen.

9. Continue operation declutter. On going each and every day almost. There is always something small that is being added to the donation pile or tossed because its usefulness is at an end.

10. Start Christmas gifts a bit earlier again so I don't feel as rushed. Done

11. Biggy for me is to find and cook two more meatless meals a month (hopefully bringing total to at least 10 no meat eating days, or perhaps I should say very little meat eating days as my soups always have a tiny bit of meat). Doing not too badly on this. Still needs a bit of work though.

12. Stay within budget for the year. So far so good

13. Make or buy curtains for basement library/bedroom. Done

14. Perhaps remove tree from side yard. If removed build a pergola type covering at end of deck. Put off for at least another year.

15. A lovely bench for our entry way so I can sit to put my shoes and boots on. Perhaps with storage cubbies under it so I can clean up one corner of the entry way. Even better would be some hooks above to hang our everyday coats on. Done

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackie looks good. Keep up the good work.
Janet Alliesmama

Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

This is an update on my goals for this year. The closets are finished but I do have to admit that I have some clothes that need to be removed from our bedroom closet and then donated. But the closet looks very good now.

The books are under control with another box ready to donate to our local library. We'll be doing that very soon. And the other projects are accomplished including the garage.

One huge project is left. The downstairs is still a total mess. Things from Mother and Daddy are still there and that's something that only I can do as it is an emotional thing. I'm handling Mother's passing well, that was 9 years ago. But Daddy's passing is weighing on me big time. He lived with us for a couple of years and then went to a facility for two more years. I saw him everyday. We were very close and I miss him terribly. He's gone almost two years and I can still "hear" him in the house. Anyway, I think I am just about ready to start tackling that chore. What joy it would be to get that all done!!!

That's it as of now. If I think of other things, I'll post later. Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Carleen wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:34 pm
Howdy, Everyone!!!

This is an update on my goals for this year. The closets are finished but I do have to admit that I have some clothes that need to be removed from our bedroom closet and then donated. But the closet looks very good now.

The books are under control with another box ready to donate to our local library. We'll be doing that very soon. And the other projects are accomplished including the garage.

One huge project is left. The downstairs is still a total mess. Things from Mother and Daddy are still there and that's something that only I can do as it is an emotional thing. I'm handling Mother's passing well, that was 9 years ago. But Daddy's passing is weighing on me big time. He lived with us for a couple of years and then went to a facility for two more years. I saw him everyday. We were very close and I miss him terribly. He's gone almost two years and I can still "hear" him in the house. Anyway, I think I am just about ready to start tackling that chore. What joy it would be to get that all done!!!

That's it as of now. If I think of other things, I'll post later. Bye for now.
Carleen I know it is tough to let some things go. I am still wearing clothes that belonged to my Mom and she died in 2003. Good luck with your decision making.
Janet Alliesmama