Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

Yesterday started out all sunny and bright but shortly after noon the heavens opened up and were hit with a huge storm system. Poor Willow retreated to her closet and came out only for potty breaks. She is terrified of thunder and lightening. The storm system lasted until early this morning. Major wind, rain, hail (ping-pong ball size) and dark as night since it started until early this morning.

Yesterday I had my routine visit with my rheumatologist and that went well. Yay for that. I got home just as the storm was starting.

The sprinkler system guy will be here around 1:30 PM, otherwise nothing big going on. Lots of closed roads because of flooding so we don't need anything badly enough to venture out.

See you all later. Stay safe and don't drive into standing water!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17

Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

It's still raining with lots and lots of flooding. jeesh... No unnecessary trips for us until some of the water drains off the local roads. Actually, it will have to evaporate since it is so level here.

We took our son-in-law (the one who lives locally) and family for a birthday brunch. He's a really great guy and this is his 50th birthday.

No other news here. Just checking in on a very nice day of celebration and thanksgiving for a terrific member of our family!!!

Bye for now. Stay safe and remember to NOT drive into standing water!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Yep. Don't drive in standing water.

Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

OK, whoever ordered the rain can stop NOW!!! More rain pounded down overnight and it's still coming down although at a less torrential rate. We might not see Willow until the (silent) snow falls.

Our (local) granddaughter is doing very well with her move to a public high school! I was concerned about how she would do with such a huge change from a small private Christian school for 8 years. But all seems well!

Our sprinkler system is in winter mode - water drained from the system to avoid freezing. One less thing to worry about!

I have our windows washed inside and outside twice per year but we're behind schedule with the Autumn cleaning. Too much severe weather to be out there standing in soggy flower beds! The were scheduled for today but they moved it to next week. We
are all hoping to be drier by then. jeesh...

Hubby and I went out for breakfast as is our Wednesday "thing". Good food and good conversation.

No other news. Just checking in. Enjoy your frugal day and don't be gloomy if your weather won't cooperate!!! Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

We could use the rain down Florida way.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Looks like a decent week in your area but more rain on tap for Friday. No snow yet.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.