Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Dgflorida »

Happy to hear you are happy with your chairs.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

That bad winter storm that attacked the Midwest yesterday and last night got us big-time. It was all supposed to go well north of us but... Rain started the whole thing but then the snow arrived and covered everything. Inches of giant, fluffy flakes that stuck. Temps dipped down to 26F so everything was coated with ice and snow. Now the temps are in the 40s so the snow has disappeared. Truly exciting and (for me) wonderful!!!

No real plan for today other than finishing the laundry and reading the newspapers. I baked a ham yesterday. We don't have any split peas on hand so that has started the shopping list for this coming week. No rush on that, though, because we'll use some of the ham for sandwiches, a stir-fry, etc., before we get to the bone.

A nice quiet, sunshiny, frugal day awaits. See you all later.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

A Hearty Hello to Everyone!!!

We're still living in a rain zone. Non-stop rain, thunder and lightening. Poor Willow has not come out of her linen closet for a couple of days and nights. She does come out on occasion for potty and a quick bite to eat and a drink of water. Then back into hiding she goes.

Lots of standing water in lawns and farm fields. And very dreary.

The only thing I really want to do today is to clip coupons and check my shopping list. No spending today - too wet and yucky. Weather is supposed to be better tomorrow so we'll most likely venture out then. My truck has been sitting outdoors and it's just about as clean as it can be!!! Free frugal truck wash!!!

Bye for now. Stay safe and be kind to yourself and others!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Congrats on the free car wash. LOL
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings from the soggy Midwest!!! The rain is just now tapering off. We finally broke down and did some food shopping yesterday but it was really miserable outdoors. Tomorrow is supposed to be a little better. Keep your fingers crossed for no rain on Saturday as our younger daughter is getting married then. Thankfully, it's an indoor event. This will be her third marriage and we're hoping this one sticks... She's 46 years old and should get this right by now. I will make no more comment on that.

No real news here for now. I've accomplished a few small chores that were kind of hanging around and nagging at me to get done but that's about it for doing anything constructive!

Willow just now came out of her closet. Poor baby!!!

Bye for now. Stay dry if you can.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Fingers crossed for no rain on you.