Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

We're in the middle of thunderstorms since the middle of last night. Willow is in her closet and we're just doing some computer stuff. Nothing new or big happening around here so basically I'm just checking in.

We were going to go to an estate sale today looking for outdoor chairs but the weather is not good enough for that. There is another sale on this coming Saturday elsewhere so we'll aim for that one.

No real news. So you all can tell, we're very dull today!! See you all later. Stay safe in all the weird weather!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

Today is totally beautiful!!! Blue skies with little puffy clouds, moderate temps, and a breeze - WAY!!!

Our granddaughter has today off from school so she's spending today with us. Actually, she and Hubby are seeing a movie, doing lunch, and then another movie. The movies are a "thing" with the two of them which is a good thing.

On Saturday we went to dinner at our son-in-law's parents. They always invite us for which I am thankful. Very nice people and the food is always super. I took a batch of my World Famous Deviled Eggs.Then, on Sunday (Easter) we went to church with our older daughter and family and then to their house for dinner. Again, spectacular food!!!

No spending other than what Hubby's movies and lunch. I'm catching up on looking at some mail, filing a small amount that started to accumulate on my desk, and laundry is nearly finished. I did take a short break to read the newspapers and have another cup of coffee. Finishing up my lunch now so I can get back to my chores refueled.

The world news is terrible but I'll not comment - just too sad. Everyone stay safe. Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

No "real" spending scheduled or today. Hubby had an appointment with a podiatrist this morning because of the never-ending pain in his foot. It's tendonitis so he now has a HUGE boot to wear and several appointments of physical therapy. Hopefully, things improve for him. Lots of co-pays coming up.

I'll make a quick trip for some zucchini that are on special. Today is the last day of the sale. Then I'll make zucchini soup for tonight's supper and a batch of cheddar-garlic biscuits using CarbQuick since we are low-cabers. Yummy!!!

No news yet today. I've been too busy to get into trouble! See you all later. Stay safe - there are way too many crazies roaming around loose! Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I love zucchini now that I am keto. It is my go to vegetable when I am tired of green beans.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Happy Friday, Everyone!!!

Our short trips to garage sales have been fruitful. Yesterday I spent $4 on paperback books at twenty-five cents each!!! Wonderful!!! Today we'll follow a few adverts for garage sales - sort of a hobby for us. When we have read several, we take them to the used book store and get money off our next purchase there. We are voracious readers and we do not purchase new books - too expensive especially when we read so much.

We have purchased two outdoor chairs for our patio. This is HUGE because we had such a difficult time finding exactly what we wanted - just simple chairs that can withstand our heavy weather! The two we got were on sale and had a mail-in rebate. Frugality reins supreme!!!

Very pleasant outdoors today but lots of rain is on the menu for tomorrow. We'll certainly enjoy the sunshine while it's here!!! Bye for now. Stay safe and enjoy your frugality!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

The rain that was promised for today is here. Also, areas to the north of us are due to get a lot of snow. Several inches. It's too warm right here but there is a lot of unsettled weather hanging around out there. I'm so glad yesterday was a perfect day so I'm not complaining (yet).

I forgot to mention yesterday that the two outdoor chairs we got (at such a great deal) are stackable. That means that if we are aware of "heavy weather" on its way, we can stack them to give them more weight in case of high winds. I'm very pleased that we held out until we found the perfect chairs!

Willow is hiding out in "her" linen closet because she heard a little bit of distant thunder. We rescued her as a kitten, she's a Midwest cat, and we don't project fear when the weather is nasty, so I'm not sure why she has this terrible fear of thunder and lightening. Oh, well. She can use the closet as long as she wishes.

Back in my high school days, I knew a girl who had a very small desk and a chair in her closet in her bedroom. She was very afraid of thunder and lightening so she would go in her closet to study or do homework. If she stayed at her desk in her bedroom she would not be able to concentrate on her homework. She had a light in her closet so she was "good to go" as long as the power stayed on!!! She's the only person, except for our Willow, who had such a fear.

No spending for us today. Newspapers are waiting for me so I'd better get going. I'm still basking in the glow of our very good purchase of the outdoor chairs! As you can tell, it doesn't take much to make me a happy camper!!! Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout