Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
floridacatlover

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by floridacatlover »

Carleen

Post by Carleen »

I thought long and hard about your post to me.

PLEASE DO NOT send anything of this ilk ever again.

I know who I am, I know what my registration shows, I know FOR whom I will vote, and I know AGAINST whom I will vote.

I do not need to read stuff aimed at converting me or shaming me.

PLEASE remember the purpose of this forum.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

We've had some weird weather (so what else is new...) but somehow we managed to have two days of beautiful sunshine and moderate breezes. Even the temps were nice. Most of us are in shock!!!

Last evening we took older daughter, her hubby and our granddaughter out for supper for their 29th anniversary. Food was good, conversation was great and we all had a very good time.

Frugal-wise, things are right on target. We don't keep as tight budget as in previous years but we don't do impulse buying, etc. One of the things that I still do is to never leave the house without my on-going shopping list so no guessing what I need or don't need. Clever me!!!

After I cleared off my desk of the piles and piles of paper, I've kept the area clean and tidy. What a wonderful feeling - YAY me!!! Each day (nearly each day) after the mail has arrived, I sort what came and get rid of the junk and actually file the good stuff. The stuff that needs attention will be put in its own special place. Then within a day or two, I take care of it. Therefore, NO piles of mail and other papers end up cluttering my mental or physical Space.

That's about all I have to report for today. Wishing all of you safety no matter what is your "storm" for today. Also, In a future post, I'll fill you in regarding our physical issues but we are doing OK for now. Bye-bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Congratulations on keeping the desk clear. I am not that good. I wish I was. I really hate junk mail. I get several magazines that I do not want and catalogues that I have never bought anything from. A cigar magazine. Really? And buy my house, fix my teeth, etc. I can recycle the paper, but I wish they were left as trees. I like trees.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

DG - You're right about the paper waste. I, too, wish the junk mail would be left as trees. Our recycling bin is emptied very two weeks and it is always full. Magazines and junk mail is most of it. Cigars - yikes. We get their catalogs, too!

Here's hoping you have a terrific September. It's one of my favorite months. But my absolute favorite time of of the year is when the first heavy frost comes. That's about the only time I can breathe - no pollen, no plowing of farm fields (no dust in the air), and no weeds. YAY for frost!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

Happy Labor Day!!! A special pat-pat-pat and a huge Thank-You to those who have to work today - firefighters, first responders, etc.

Our younger daughter (the one who got married in early May) and her husband live on Folly Beach, South Carolina. Folly Beach is a small island with older homes and will be impacted by Hurricane Dorian in a big way. I don't know what their decision will be as for leaving the island and stay locally, or come back up to Illinois until the storm leaves. I have a feeling they will stay locally so they can check on their house. A major problem will be the roadway that leads from the island to the main-land.

They don't have any pets so that's not a concern. But worrying about their house is a big enough concern. Please keep a good thought and prayers for them. Many thanks!!!

See you all later. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout