Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Dgflorida »

Yep. You are right. God's hands are not the same as giving up.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

More rain. More lightening. More thunder. More winds. More hail. More standing water. Weeds are growing at an awe-inspiring rate. Rumors of tornadoes but none very near us. Willow is in her closet.

Weeds = job security for our granddaughter!!! Lilacs are blooming and one can smell the wonderful perfume by just stepping outdoors. Fantastic!

No spending today. I'll clip a few coupons and file them by category. No purchasing of fresh produce, though. We're leaving on a trip on Friday and will be away for two weeks so fresh produce would spoil in that length of time. Our housekeeper doesn't have access to our computer so basically I'll be off the grid. We're eating down the fridge freezer before we leave just in case there are bad storms while we're away. We do have a whole house power generator but if a tornado hits, it won't be of any use anyway.

Gotta go. I started to read our newspapers but didn't finish - back to that. See you all later. Stay safe and frugal.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

Living here in The Land of Real Weather is quite a challenge. We heard the tornado sirens several times late yesterday and overnight. Very scary weather. Tornadoes all over the place. Lots and lots of trees down and hail damage near us. We're OK, though. Haven't seen Willow yet this morning. One of the Laws of Survival during Tornadoes is to go to your lowest level in your house. If you don't have a basement/lower level, go to a place in your house that is an interior/no windows (bathrooms, for example). Willow's linen closet is also an example.

Spending for today will include Hubby's co-pay for physical therapy for his back and foot. Also, my routine visit with my rheumatologist is today with a co-pay. Somewhere in there, I have a prescription waiting at the pharmacy.

I can see one of our neighbors has beautiful irises that are lying down. Probably beaten down by the wind, rain and hail. I hope they will stand up again. I have not been outdoors to see if our plants are OK or not.

Guess I'd better get going. I want to go outdoors to look as our house and plants before the rain starts up again. I'm thinking about our cyber-friends who are impacted by the storms much more than we are. Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

Just stopping by to let you all know that I'll be away for a couple of weeks. I'll be sure to post when we return. Our housekeeper does not have access to our computers so basically I'll be off the grid. (I may have posted this previously...)

The only spending today is Hubby's co-pay for his physical therapy. All of my routine exams had great results (audiologist, rheumatologist, ophthamalogist). Just two more routine visits scheduled and then I'm done with all that for quite a while.

I rearranged the stuff on the shelves in Willow's linen closet. She now has her very own shelf to hide on when she goes in there during storms. Now she doesn't have to rest on the clean bath towels, etc. jeesh... the stuff we do for our four-legged house-mates!!!

Bye for now. Stay safe and be nice to each other while I'm away!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

We're home from our cruise to the Baltic. We flew to London, got our ship, toured Sweden, Finland, St. Petersburg Russia (again), Poland, Denmark, Estonia then flew home from London. Those long-haul flights are a real pain, plus depending upon which time zone we were in, the time differences from home were 6, 7, or 8 hours. jeesh...

Willow did well while we were away. She has been a bit clingy but that's OK. She was safe and taken care of very well.

Lots to catch up on. E-Mail, postal mail, phone messages, forums, etc. Just checking-in for now. See you all later. Stay safe and be kind.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout