Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

Not very much going on around here but it is a beautiful day outdoors! Hubby and I went out and dug up some persistent weeds. Now things look nicer.

Willow has not had any need to retreat to her closet which is a good thing. Poor baby!!! Two days and nights without thunderstorms - YAY!!!

I clipped coupons, did litter duty, and refilled our weekly pill containers. What excitement..... Now I'm heading to my gym to get some exercising done.

That's it from me today. See you all later. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

Here it is Friday and I'm still somewhere at the beginning of the week!!! Just not motivated, I guess.

Hubby and our granddaughter (the one who lives locally) went to the movies today. They have a routine of bonding over sci-fi movies. That's a wonderful thing because that means that I don't have to go - not my thing.

I had a routine appointment with my audiologist this morning - she makes sure my hearing aids are working properly, cleans them, etc. All is well there. No co-pay for that. So I'm having a frugal day (except for the gas to go there).

Off to do a couple of small chores. Stay safe - lots of dangerous weather out there. See you all later.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Seasons of Illinois Weather:

Winter
Fool's Spring
Second Winter
Third Winter
The Pollening
Actual Spring
Summer
Hell's Front Porch - you are here
False Fall
Second Summer
Actual Fall
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Cute post.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

I haven't posted in a while as things have been very quiet and peaceful around here. The horrible weather (thunderstorms) is a thing of the past, Hubby's container garden on our patio is doing very well this year with a good crop of tomatoes, green peppers and onions. The eggplant plants are starting to show some small eggplants.

Hubby got a plastic owl with a motion detector built into it along with a scary sound and flashing eyes. The squirrels are aggressive here and basically decimated last year's garden. But this owl seems to be working out nicely. YAY for that!!! Hubby is happy!!! Even Willow is her grand self and not hiding in the linen closet! She is our storm detective!

We went to Whiting, Indiana for their Pierogi Fest yesterday. We really enjoyed that day! Lots of flavors to taste and music to listen to. We took a bus from our clubhouse directly to the Fest which is about one hour away. We started out on the bus at 11AM and returned at about 5:30 PM. Just enough time as it got very hot toward the end of the day. Had a great time!!!

Frugalwise, there has been no unnecessary spending lately (not counting the Fest - we budget for such stuff). But I do want a new door that is at the top of the steps going to our lower level. We'll start to shop the sales to see if we can get a nice one. I'd like a door with glass in it, instead of a solid door. That small hallway has four solid doors and is just not very pleasing to look at. Since we're not in any rush to do this project, we'll be watching for good prices.

Nothing else going on around here - yay for that! Newspapers are waiting for me so I'd better get going on that. Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello and Howdy!!! Happy August First!!!

Yesterday we went for our usual Wednesday breakfast out and it was good (as usual) and brought home doggie bags. That's what will make up some of our supper today. No waste!!!

Today we put some kind of sealer on the new table on our patio. We are not fond of eating out doors so this table is a work table for Hubby to use when he is tending his container garden. Very inexpensive and is certain to work out very nicely.

We have been harvesting tomatoes and a few cucumbers so far. The eggplants are still growing and the squirrels are keeping their distance now that Hubby has his scary owl out there!

Gotta go get busy - there are a few little chores I'd like to get done before bedtime! Those little things take up a lot of time, I have found. Also, there are some clothes that I want to sort and donate and that will get started over the weekend, I think.

See you all later. Stay safe and enjoy your frugalness!!! Prayers for those who are hurting, are ill, etc. Bye...
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout