Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

Greetings!!!

The birthday gathering yesterday for our granddaughter was nice My deviled eggs went over big-time.

Continuing saga of the spare bedroom and closet: We took a box of books to our local library (donated for their little resale corner). Also, we took a bag of eyeglasses, frames, and loose lenses to the Lions' donation box in the lobby of our City Hall. So things are really looking better and I feel good about it!!! Yay, me!!!

I took a bag of wrapped soaps that we accumulated on trips and cruises to our daughter yesterday. Her American Heritage Girls participate in Operation Christmas. They fill shoeboxes with daily needs for those less-fortunate. The troop is always in need of wrapped soaps and all sorts of small items. So, yet another bag of stuff that has now found a new home!

No spending today and that's a good thing. See you all later. Stay safe and enjoy your thriftiness!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Hi Carleen,

I just took the time today to read this thread. You sound like you've got a handle on your clutter. It may inspire me to do some of my own decluttering. Our master bedroom closet is pretty unruly.

I have a lot of old towels to get rid of.. I've heard one can call the Humane Society or vet offices to donate those. Need to get around to making those phone calls.
Carleen wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:29 pm Greetings!!!

The birthday gathering yesterday for our granddaughter was nice My deviled eggs went over big-time.

Continuing saga of the spare bedroom and closet: We took a box of books to our local library (donated for their little resale corner). Also, we took a bag of eyeglasses, frames, and loose lenses to the Lions' donation box in the lobby of our City Hall. So things are really looking better and I feel good about it!!! Yay, me!!!

I took a bag of wrapped soaps that we accumulated on trips and cruises to our daughter yesterday. Her American Heritage Girls participate in Operation Christmas. They fill shoeboxes with daily needs for those less-fortunate. The troop is always in need of wrapped soaps and all sorts of small items. So, yet another bag of stuff that has now found a new home!

No spending today and that's a good thing. See you all later. Stay safe and enjoy your thriftiness!!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Carleen wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:29 pm Greetings!!!

I bet that you feel wonderful when you open the door to the closet, now. Such a great feeling! I still have SO much trouble parting with things at my mother’s house but your happy experience gives me incentive to let things go - at least some things.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Delighted99

We donate items to the local animal rescue groups. Some of them post wish-lists on-line and some of the items wanted are very simple such as a roll of paper towels, open bags of dog or cat food, old towels, etc. They always seem so appreciative. Throwing an "extra" roll of paper towels in our grocery cart is such an easy way to help a bit.

Thanks for posting here!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Floridacatlover

You're right - it's a thrill to actually see the floor in there and also items that I want to save (for now). No actual clutter, though!!! Whoopee!!!

We took the last box of books to our local library for their resale shop. yay and that one, too!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Question to myself: Why, oh, why does everything turn into a saga of major proportions?????

The dishwasher came through the door and right back out again. It did not have the right hoses so it could not be installed. The guy said we would have to find another brand of dishwasher in order to get that part.

We went on-line and found that "our" dishwasher has that hose for the configuration of our kitchen. We cancelled the order for the dishwasher, called the store and spoke sternly to the manager. The paperwork was for a lower-end unit and we didn't want that one anyway.

Next, we contacted our salesperson and asked him to follow up so we won't have to get another brand. Basically, we want what we want.

He just called back to say that the delivery guys had installed OUR dishwasher to someone else and their lower-end appliance came here. Those people got a real deal because since it's installed the store wouldn't take it out.

Anyway, OUR dishwasher plus appropriate parts will be delivered to us next Thursday. Yet another week without a dishwasher!!!
We are under a high wind advisory until late tonight. Also, tornado warning until later this evening. We have had torrential rain, extremely high winds and hail so far. Winds up to 60mph are nasty - the wind actually roars (like the wind roaring down the plains in Oklahoma!!!). If you don't hear from me tomorrow, it could be that we're somewhere in Indiana... whew!!!

Like the puppets on Sesame Street used to say on "W" day: Wow What a Wild Wind!!!
Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout