Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

Happy New Year to Everyone Here!!!

Our daughter who lives locally and her family will be here for dinner. That's always a good time and something to really look forward to.

I'll fill in the gaps when I post either tomorrow or the next day. Enjoy the holiday, stay safe and be kind.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

I'm so totally ready to start a new year - last year was absolutely the pits. I'm still battling the pain in my knee - the one that has a prosthesis. The knee has never stopped hurting since my June 2017 surgery. I had a bone scan last week and awaiting the results of that. I saw the images and saw that the area of concern is exactly the area that hurts. Now we'll see what spin the "experts" will put on that!!!

We fostered a dog that is up for adoption. It was NOT a match made in heaven with our rescue cat, Willow. She hid for three days and then when she eventually come out of hiding mae life miserable for the poor little doggie. Anyway, since the dog was a temporary visitor, we are now without a dog. Having that dog here was not kind to her with Willow being such a nasty cat. We certainly saw another side of her that we did not know existed.

I'm glad the holidays are over. This was the first holiday season without Daddy and I felt his loss more than ever. I'm coming out of the dumps now and I'm getting back to "normal" although I haven't felt "normal" for quite awhile.

Hubby and I are attempting to get back to eating right and exercising. To say that we had fallen off the wagon would be an under-statement. Our projects for 2019 are some of the ones left over from last year so I am trying to regroup with that.

We were very good about not spending too much for Christmas gift-giving. That's our usual thing but I do admit that the sales can be tempting!

See you all tomorrow. Stay safe and enjoy being frugal.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Well, now - ain't that a kick in the pants...

The bone scan I had last week showed that my knee prosthesis is loose. At the end of this month I'll see yet another orthopedic surgeon who specializes in revisions. Great possibility of having another surgery. I'm glad that my complaints of knee pain have been validated (no, I'm not a hypochondriac) but I'm not keen on surgery. Guess I just have to wait until it's official from yet another "expert".

Our granddaughter (the one who lives close) spent yesterday with us and she helped take down the Christmas decorations. Not that much to do but it was nice that I didn't have to do any of it. She and Hubby did a good job.

No spending today which is a good thing. Also, I have exercised every day of this year!!! ha, ha, ha!!! Yay for me!!!

See you all later. Stay safe and stay away from germs.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

It is bad to have pains, but it is worse when they are not validated. Sad you have pain. Glad they were validated.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy!!!

Nothing new to report - just signing in. This is a no-spend day as we are all stocked up from yesterday's shopping.

The New Year's ham bone is simmering for split-pea soup. Hubby is chopping onions and carrots which is a good thing. My hands just don't do that stuff any more and make such things into a hazardous endeavor!!!

It's sunny and bright here in the MidWest. Very nice. 50F today which is extremely unusual. January is our coldest month (usually) and we've had highs in the sub-zero range in previous years.

See you all next time Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

We went to breakfast this morning as is our Wednesday treat to ourselves. We started this when Hubby retired one year ago this month. I really enjoy this!!!

We had dense fog warnings, high winds warnings, and sudden cold temps starting yesterday and last night. Right now the temperature stands at 23F with a good stiff wind. That's quite a drop from 50F just a day or two ago. Weird...

No news here. Hubby wanted a pair of reading glasses for when light is dim. He has 20/20 vision but low light makes reading difficult. His cataract surgery was very successful. So we stopped and shopped for some glasses. He found a three-pack on sale and likes them. Otherwise no spending today.

Yesterday the carpet cleaners came and cleaned the living room and dining room carpet that the the foster dog got very, very dirty. They did a very nice job of getting rid of markings and odors. jeesh... We were trying to do a good deed and the "potty-trained" dog was truly NOT trained. Anyway, all is well now and doggy is living with someone else. Lesson learned...

See you all later. Stay safe and be kind to animals - their mis-deeds are not their fault.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout