Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

Greetings to All Who Venture Here!!!

Some very dramatic storms have visited our area over the past few days. They have been short, heavy rain, dropping hail and thundering - then the sun came out and the rest of those few days were nice. Later today will bring more of the same. Willow has spent lots of time in her linen closet. Poor thing.

Hubby had a couple of illness. Nausea, fever, diarrhea, etc. As quickly as it came on, it disappeared. He is doing much, much better and is up and doing. He doesn't get sick very often so when he does, I pay attention. Anyway, he's OK now.

I did some grocery shopping yesterday - just what was on my list and no impulse buying!

Gotta go now. A few chores await. Stay safe and be aware of your surroundings. Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

Terrific thunderstorms overnight and poor Willow was still in the linen closet when we got up this morning. She is out now but she seems to be on patrol - I guess that's because it's dark and sprinkling outdoors. She seems to know when there are storms coming because she disappears to her closet a few minutes before we actually hear thunder. Our very own early warning system...

We grocery shopped yesterday and all is well with that. No impulse buying - yay for us!

Our granddaughter (the one who lives locally) seems to be enjoying high school - whew!!! She is a very good student but I was concerned about her because she spent 8 years in a very small private Christian school. I wasn't sure how she'd handle being one of a zillion students in public school. She is in a couple of AP classes and she's good with that. Whew!!!

We looked at some doors yesterday and found at least two that would look good where they would go. More looking to do before we buy anything.

Gotta go get busy. Stay safe. Be aware of your surroundings. There are crazies roaming around loose. Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wow. You are so right about the crazies. Tomorrow morning, I plan to go to the local Walmart that has been hit twice. Once by a shooter who didn't shoot and the second time by some guy driving a golf cart through the store. Crazy times for sure. You be careful too.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Carleen wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:30 am Hello, Everyone!!!

Terrific thunderstorms overnight and poor Willow was still in the linen closet when we got up this morning. She is out now but she seems to be on patrol - I guess that's because it's dark and sprinkling outdoors. She seems to know when there are storms coming because she disappears to her closet a few minutes before we actually hear thunder. Our very own early warning system...

We grocery shopped yesterday and all is well with that. No impulse buying - yay for us!

Our granddaughter (the one who lives locally) seems to be enjoying high school - whew!!! She is a very good student but I was concerned about her because she spent 8 years in a very small private Christian school. I wasn't sure how she'd handle being one of a zillion students in public school. She is in a couple of AP classes and she's good with that. Whew!!!

We looked at some doors yesterday and found at least two that would look good where they would go. More looking to do before we buy anything.

Gotta go get busy. Stay safe. Be aware of your surroundings. There are crazies roaming around loose. Bye for now.
I’m still here. But I’m now more aware of my surroundings. (Spending so much time in the closet, maybe Willow is gay. 😉 )
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

I'll be away from tomorrow early until Friday late. Just a few days away. Didn't want you all to think I had disappeared! I'll be sure to check in here on the weekend.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Yep, be careful. Well, I didn't go the Walmart because I didn't need to. Gas has dropped 30c a gallon for no reason and I am trying to calculate if that makes a trip to Walmart worth it. Sometimes, the numbers get overwhelming. Frugal can be hard.