Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Post by Dgflorida »

My older neighbor was considering moving to a trailer in a park. She would own the trailer and pay rent to the park. After she did the numbers, she decided to stay in her paid for home. I certainly agree with her and you on the housing costs.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Went to my Drs office for my weekly B-12 shot. It is a 50 mile round trip. Thank goodness my aide drives me. That way I can save on gas.We stopped at two stores on the way home Dollar Tree and our local grocery chain store. I had $25.00 cash from My Points and $14.40 in cash from my slush fund a total of $39.40. After everything was purchased it came to $40.44. So not bad at all. I did score some discounted meat and a loaf of gluten free bread and gluten free buns which were also on sale. So with the cash from My Points $25.00 was free and $15. 44 out of pocket. My freezer is so full I had to remove the container that holds my ice cubes. I of course picked up another rotisserie chicken. However bought some ground chuck, country style pork ribs, and a roll of Jimmy Dean sausage all were marked down. I also saved $4.38 on the marked down items. That should give me some variety. Technically $3.00 spent at Dollar Tree were not food but it all comes out of the same big pot so included them. Looking forward to adding the new foods in to my menu plans.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Have a sick puppy again. So we are back to potatoes and chicken. The potatoes were free from my aide and the chicken was free from my latest purchase.

For breakfast I had cottage cheese and pineapple both from Aldi's so frugal. I had a really bad night with whatever is going on with my stomach. I have medicine from my nurse practitioner but forgot to take it yesterday and I suffered. I tried mint tea but that did not help. I finally remembered that baking soda is suppose to help so I used the instructions on the side of the box to see how to make the remedy. After about an hour and a half I was able to try to stretch out to get some sleep around 1:00 AM. Still sore when I woke up this morning so no coffee for a couple of days. I am drinking chamomile tea bought at Big Lots. Forget how many bags but it was only around $2.00. Lunch was a chicken sandwich on a gluten free bun. Both were free.

I used the broth made from my last rotisserie chicken to make chicken and rice soup. The celery and onion were dehydrated and from my emergency pantry supplies. Also added one fresh carrot that needed to be used up. The house smells wonderful. I did not put any chicken in the soup. I do not want to use it all up right away so I just put a little bit of the chopped chicken from my current chicken in the bowl. I also had several slices of my gf bread made from gf hamburger buns (free) with a little bit of butter. Drinking chamomile tea after dinner. Later on I will have 1/2 c of plain yogurt (bought on sale) with 1 TBS of blueberry jam. To me this taste so much better than the sicky sweet stuff you get at the store and it is really more frugal.

I decided to go in to town and buy some generic Tums at Dollar General. I hope it will help if I have another attack.

I am thrilled my brother came over to measure my side yard. I have been concerned with him selling his farm that the new owner will come in and put up a fence and run critters too close to my house and the smell would be awful. Since I have lived here we have always cut more grass that is not mine since I have a burn pile on my brother's property. The burn pile is necessary due to all of the debris that comes down from the trees and the way my land is with hills and woods it would be difficult for me to find place for another burn pile. My brother measured my yard and it is only 40 ft from the property line. By law it was suppose to be 50 ft but the previous owner disregarded that. My brother talked to the man who is buying his farm and he has told my brother he does not plan to put up a fence for any kind of critters and that I can keep the burn pile and continue to cut the perimeter for safety. He has even graciously offered to put it in writing when they do the house closing. However it will not be transferable if I sell my house. What a wonderful man to have as a neighbor.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

It is always good if you can get a good neighbor.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:58 am It is always good if you can get a good neighbor.
Yes it is. I have always been fortunate to have good neighbors. This man is so good. His neighbor on the other side of him told me they have already worked out a cattle herd rotation between their two lands. The nice thing old neighbor just had a really significant surgery and the new owner is going to pasture his cattle for him during the winter and in the summer they will pasture them on the old neighbors land. That way the old neighbor will not have to take care of his cattle this winter.. Makes me so happy to see a young man moving in to the farm that has a friendly and cooperative attitude like he has.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I had cottage cheese and pineapple for breakfast. I had to open a new can of pineapple. It was from Ruler. Ruler and Aldi's both cost .89 cents and seem similar in taste and content.

I made tuna fish salad for lunch. Used two cans of tuna both free from the Starkist refund coupon. Added 3 eggs at .08 cent each. They are from a carton that cost .98 cents. Added about 3/4 of an onion, not sure of the cost. Also mayo from Dollar Tree maybe .30 cents. So for around.56 cents made lunch for today and for maybe three more days. I ate 1/2 of a cucumber that cost .49 cents. Also ate a few potato chips so maybe another .25 cents.

Dinner will be chicken and rice soup that I made yesterday. I froze half and will eat the other half until gone. I am going to make some kind of muffins to go with it.

I made sugar free butterscotch pudding (.88 Cents) with 2 cups of milk. About .30 cents for milk so about .30 cents per serving.

Drinking coffee with half and half for breakfast and lunch.

Teddi has been sick so I am going to keep him on chicken and potatoes until I feel he can try fresh food from Petco. So I will not be eating the chicken. It was free with the cash from My points and the potatoes were free from my aide. We are both eating well and very frugally.

I made $38.52 at In Box Dollars and will have that transferred to my Pay Pal account. It will not transfer until Nov 6th. Also earned another 5.00 gift card for Amazon on BING.
Janet Alliesmama