Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Post by Dgflorida »

I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain. I am glad you can count on your brother. I hope everything gets easier for you. You are a nice person.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:17 pm
I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain. I am glad you can count on your brother. I hope everything gets easier for you. You are a nice person.
Thank you Dg for your kind words and support.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:08 pm
I have everything planned to the penny and looked like things were going to be so tight they squeaked however I am having a dental problem and I am going to have to ask my brother for a loan. I have had a chipped tooth for quite some time but it did not bother me and I was planning on having it taken care of after paying my taxes in Feb. However with the surgical procedure I had recently they had my mouth jacked open for at least 30 minutes, if not longer, with oxygen being pumped in, and I think the prolonged exposure has irritated the nerve root. I have tried oil of cloves and it has done nothing so I need to have it taken care of soon. Earlier this year Teddi had pancreatitis and that wiped out my emergency fund. I do not have a credit card so nothing to fall back on. After paying my taxes in Feb 2020 I am going to build an emergency fund before I do anything else. I am blessed to have a wonderful brother than I can rely on when I need help.
It is amazing how one thing leads to another. Sorry that the chipped tooth is now causing you major problems. I am glad your brother is there to help you.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:42 pm
It is frustrating trying to stay on track but there is always the unknown lurking or as they say Murphy is lurking.lol.

I am blessed to have a good brother and SIL.
Last edited by Jackielou on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

We have snow now, and more snow all day, and then an ice storm tomorrow morning, and then more snow until late Monday night. I most likely will be snowed in for days after the snow stops. The county does a decent job on our country road but I have a very long driveway that is impossible to get in and out of with deep snow.

I just needed a few things from town so dashed in before the snow started. I needed milk for myself and baby carrots for Teddi. Of course saw a few things on sale and picked them up. Total bill was about $19.00 and change. I can now say my cup runneth over..Picked up two rolls of Teddi's dog food for just in case I have a prolonged stay stuck in the house. If need be I can hike out, I have ski poles, (no ski's) and my aide can pick me up on the road to take me to appointments.

The year is winding down and I am looking forward to a new clean slate in 2020. I have paid off one huge credit card bill and only owe $31.00 on the second biggest credit card and that will be paid off in January. I have one left but it is very manageable and will snowball payments to pay it down faster. My biggest goal is to build a emergency fund.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

When I went to the grocery store on Sunday to pick up a few things I found the grocery store brand of pork sausage was on sale for $1.99. I bought two not thinking I would like it, compared to the national brands, but it would help to fill in some holes in my pantry and menu. I liked it so hopefully I can get back to the store to do a stock-up for my fridge freezer. I have $6.00 in store rewards and have recently earned $6.00 in cash from survey's so that will go a long way on stocking up. The big problem is I am snowed in until at least Wed, if I am lucky. There is a big snow drift going down my driveway. I have talked to my aide and if I feel up to it I will hike out to the road using my ski poles and she will pick me up there and take me shopping.

I had store bought pot stickers for a late lunch and early dinner. I bought them on sale for $3.99 for 10. What a waste of money. My Mom made better pot stickers and her sauce was the correct kind. Not sure what the sauce was that was included with this particular brand it had no taste. Glad I did not pay full price. One of the things I want to buy in 2020 is a medium sized chest freezer so that I can make more home made foods that can be made ahead and make for more frugal meals. Right now drinking organic fruit punch. A while back Amazon prime accidentally sent me an order that belonged to someone else. They said I could keep it. I had thought of making Popsicle's with it but not enough room in my fridge freezer so enjoying it as an occasional drink. Feels good on my sore throat.

Called my dentist office and he could see me tomorrow but I am snow bound. He does not have any appointments until Jan 2 so I will just have to be careful and chew on the other side and try not to aggravate things. The occasional dose of Tylenol, when it gets too painful, helps. Went over my budget and I can squeeze out the initial evaluation of $95.00 but after that I am not sure. My brother said to let him know what the cost and he will pay it. I insist it is a loan he said, we will see...He would just rather pay it for me.
Janet Alliesmama