Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:43 pm 11 of 25... 44%

It snowed today. For all of 10-15 minutes, but they were big white flakes. I miss snow, its been years since any real accumulation.

I think I broke my little toe. Hit the end table with it. Not as though much can be done so I'm just trying not to run it into anything again.

Tomorrow will be spend-free. Sunday I make take DH out on a grocery run "date" - we usually stop for a coffee or something, this happens 4-5ish times a year so I can justify it :lol:

So by Sunday night it'll be 12 of 27, maintaining that 44%, more or less.
Ouch Sandi.. Hope you feel better soon. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Hope your toe heals fast.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

13 of 28.... 46.42%

Once again, its too cold to go anywhere.

I got to thinking about dal because Janet was talking about it, decided to try and get that on the menu, it's good 'cold weather' food. Made a bean soup today. Actually made bean soup twice in 2.5 days, sent some out with DH when he went out with a homeless ministry (soup & sandwiches, crock pots with beach towels wrapped around them tucked into totes to keep them stable - once that soup is hot, it stays hot for quite a while) - but he taste-tested it for salt when I made it & last night when I asked him what he wanted me to stock for lunches he said 'that bean soup,' so... once more, with feeling.

Dal will bring in just a little variety :lol: I also have stir-fry stuff to use up. And a bunch of salad fixings. Though most of the salad fixings could become part of a stir fry real quick and no one would ever know it was meant to be salad.

I could also take the cabbage meant for stir fry and turn it into coleslaw instead and put the peppers to use in a black bean enchilada style dish... Yeah, I don't want stir-fry.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

14 of 30.... 46.6%

Tomorrow? 15 of 31... 48.38 Not bad, for me. It's totally work and weather related, both things keep me home.

Enchilada casserole made primarily of leftovers was a huge hit. Hope we have those same leftovers again someday :lol:

It's tax season. And by now you'd think I'd have all the required documents.... but no. Even the mutual fund people and donation receipt people are SLOW this year.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

1 of 2... 50% I like starting a new month :lol:

Tomorrow will be 1 of 3, 33.3%.

Not much to report, it was a slow day. Tomorrow we go grocery shopping. I can't say I enjoy it, but as it is a privilege to be able to do it without too much thought, I do it without griping. And also to take the boy, who is now taller than his dad and wears a larger shoe, shoe shopping. Can't say it changes the $ situation much, even little kid shoes cost as much as adult shoes, and he's been in men's sizes for 3 years. He's barely 14.

LOL, it suddenly hit me that I went to high school when I was DS's age with a kid who was 6' 8" tall and wore a size 14. I can't even imagine what his parents must have thought when his growth spurts were happening :lol:
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

First the bad news: 3 of 9 - 33.3%

Then the good news: despite days of spending, actual 'spending' is once again down.

Its because its been so cold all we get are necessities, then come home to huddle in the warmth. :lol: