Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Post by Dgflorida »

You need a hug. Hug.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

3 of 5... 60%

It's a negative spend day; refund on the bottle of smoked paprika that sliced my finger open. Outside of that, work work work. I talked to my boss like 10 times yesterday, I don't think we've talked THAT much in 15 years (we usually text, and not all that often, things just get done when they should - I guess maybe he was bored) but he seems to be busy today, on the road again. Quietly. He's the most gregarious person I've ever met, even moreso than DH, whereas left to my own devices I'm a huge introvert and can do 'silent' really well :lol:

Sunny and it'll be near 40 later. Roller coaster temps.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

6 of 13, 46ish%

Bought dog food, treats, and had the beast groomed. Having the dog bathed is like washing the car - a guarantee it'll rain.

So.... its raining. But its supposed to let up later and get windier.

No plans to buy anything today, I'm staying home, DH is at work, no one needs anything of which I'm aware.

Raining anyway, it'd be hard to get me out there on a day like this.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

6 of 14... 42.8%

Today is an Intentional Expenditure Day :lol:

We have a piece of art, one of those Japanese paintings on silk, of our last name, that a friend I used to work with had done... almost 20 years ago :o and I found it again during our last move and thought "enough of this being in a tube, its too pretty to be hidden." And Michael's sent us an 80% off framing coupon this week. Soon it will adorn the entryway.

Oh! I know what I'll do, I'll get a giant last name initial and set the framed name over that. That'll look wild, if I can find framing dark enough to work with the shelf in that area. DH will love it, it will mean that we can go across the street to Lowe's and look at coat rack hardware. Everyone will have fed their fix ;)

There is little else to be too excited about here, it's a terribly windy, cold day. Work was very... well, it was work :lol: in a big way.

Two no-spend days are coming up, so I don't feel all that guilty. I should feel guilty that Kayanosan's gift was put away all those years. Eeeesh, now I do feel guilty. Better late than never though!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:59 pm 6 of 14... 42.8%

Today is an Intentional Expenditure Day :lol:

We have a piece of art, one of those Japanese paintings on silk, of our last name, that a friend I used to work with had done... almost 20 years ago :o and I found it again during our last move and thought "enough of this being in a tube, its too pretty to be hidden." And Michael's sent us an 80% off framing coupon this week. Soon it will adorn the entryway.

Oh! I know what I'll do, I'll get a giant last name initial and set the framed name over that. That'll look wild, if I can find framing dark enough to work with the shelf in that area. DH will love it, it will mean that we can go across the street to Lowe's and look at coat rack hardware. Everyone will have fed their fix ;)

There is little else to be too excited about here, it's a terribly windy, cold day. Work was very... well, it was work :lol: in a big way.

Two no-spend days are coming up, so I don't feel all that guilty. I should feel guilty that Kayanosan's gift was put away all those years. Eeeesh, now I do feel guilty. Better late than never though!
Sounds like a lovely gift that should be enjoyed. Great save on the framing that can be pretty expensive.
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Well, I lost track of the spend vs no-spend days. Again. Very seriously all I do at this point is work 5 days a week and avoid work the other two days. Last week was intense. I told DH, its not like I'm going to quit or anything, but I'm tired.

My hope is the intensity will taper off.

Expenses are up. Built planting beds(DH and kids), got soil delivered and had to move it to the beds, planted the stuff he'd started from seed in the house, bought some stuff to put up in the house, getting ready for a maternal visit. Don't know why I bother, nothing I can ever do will measure up to anything other people do in her eyes. But, I figure in the long run we who live here will enjoy the decor after she's gone home.

April is going to be one busy month. Not the fun kind of busy either. And expensive, there are hotel costs, kenneling costs, road trip food costs, car insurance for 6 mo costs, misc expenditures incurred where we're going, its going to be... pricey.

I wonder if I can rally the people for a no-spend May. See what kind of "undoing" of April's damage we can do if we try to eat from the pantry and behave for a month.