Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Post by Dgflorida »

Sounds like a plan.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I will publish the most excellent 5 out of 9 days: 55.55%

Because this, too, shall pass. Not immediately, but because DH leaves the country again this weekend we'll see a false sense of super-frugal.

THEN... deck building begins and all $$$$ breaks loose.

So, I'll report the good through the 19th and not be seen again 'til fall :lol:

Actually I'll put the people on a bit of a moratorium come June. We'll play "Chopped" and see what can be made with pantry and freezer leftovers.

For the main course you have: unsalted shelled sunflower seeds, gluten-free quick-cooking oatmeal, almond butter, and frozen chunks of butternut squash.
:o
Time starts... NOW!
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Ok... I'd turn all that into a curry, no question. But my kids? I'll be eating oatmeal and sunflower seed encrusted almond-squash patties... shiver.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good for you. Excellent 5 days out of 9.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Aaah! My mother is coming in June. There goes 2 weeks of the moratorium. I'll have to do a late June / early July thing, still cover 4-5 weeks with the attempt at uber frugality.

DH just got confirmation of a bump to another position in June, and his next semester starts then, too. Hopefully he'll be too busy to visit Lowe's with any regularity unless we're still messing with the deck.

I'm sitting at 7 of 13, 53.84% with the plan for DH to spend personal $ only ONE DAY out of the several he'll be out of country. He's been to this one often enough that he's not really a tourist anymore. If you have the route from the airport to the office memorized and the people at the hotel greet you by name when you wander in, you're not a tourist.

My two favorite 'no-relation' people will be in town next week :D we will have them over for dinner. Therefore another grocery run will happen Sunday 5/19. Something 'fancy.' ;)
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

8 of 14... 57.14% :D

Not much to report. Work is still working, DH is still away, kids are still doing the kid thing, we home school year-round so they're busy, though even if they public schooled they'd still have around 10 days left in their academic year in this area. They're also the yard crew for us and a neighbor so every 7-10 days or so they spend around 3 hrs with 2 mowers, a trimmer and a Mantis edger and make our little corner look good. They have a robotics thing coming up in July and the boy has a community ed class on getting to know and use his 35mm. Which he can use, he'd just like some tips on refining some stuff and using a tripod and extended aperture time to add 'effect' to pics of moving water.

No spending tomorrow. Probably not Thursday either.