Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Post by Dgflorida »

I really related to the "just keep my head down" remark. I was successful in local community action when I was younger. I see these young people fumble around and know I could do better. Then I remind myself of the "monkeys and the zoo" and say nope. Just keep my head down.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Dgflorida wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:36 am I really related to the "just keep my head down" remark. I was successful in local community action when I was younger. I see these young people fumble around and know I could do better. Then I remind myself of the "monkeys and the zoo" and say nope. Just keep my head down.
My boss is older than me and fortunately shares my sense of old-fashioned business propriety.

He's just got a much higher level of risk tolerance than I will EVER have. I'm a cautious person, for the most part. That man will leverage all manner of stuff in the name of seeing what shakes out.

But that's why he's the boss and I'm... not, LOL. But I will never, ever, have people work for me again. If I want to baby-sit, I'll find an actual baby to sit with, I won't tolerate whiny adults.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

12 of 25... 48%

DD did really well on her first go at the ACT. She is stoked.

I have nothing to report :lol: Things are normal for now, weather is creeping back up to 'too warm' stage, my work is work, DH's work is work, we are blessed to have all the work.

And that's that.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Sandi good to hear things are going well and you are blessed..
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

DD accidentally wound up at a freshman orientation where she did not belong (we did the ppwk right but someone entered the data into their computer wrong and they tried to put my high school senior into her first year of college :lol: ), so that's getting straightened out, but based on her testing they offered her honors classes. I guess a home education DOES work ;) (Actually the only reason it did was her Dad is smart and can explain weird "higher" math, whereas I can only explain.... lower? Math. He was also in charge of chemistry. I'm mostly English, biology, earth sciences, history, common sense and my favorite: etymology - though no one ever tests for that).

If honors courses will eventually help get her into the program she wants (limited spots due to clinical stuff), because they're worth more, points-wise, I'm all for them. But I'm not sure if they do honors concurrent classes, so it may have to wait.

Spent money today, will spend money (dog --> vet) tomorrow. July is done. 15 of 31. ALMOST 50%.

Onward!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Great job....on everything. Congrats on DD and almost 50%.