Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Post by SandiSAHM »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:56 am Sandi sorry to hear what you are going through.. We have a mess going on here as well. Tornadoes, high winds, flooding.. I hope whatever will stop soon for both of us. We are to the saturation point of the earth cannot hold any more water.. Glad you have a storm shelter and are high enough to avoid flooding. Good luck and take care.. Also good luck with the busy beaver working in your yard spending so much money..lol.
I complain a lot for a person who, truly, isn't going through much. A few semi-sleepless nights and a little anxiety, but compared to a whole lot of folks, we're incredibly fortunate.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Another spend day. And a *&%$^ day at work so I'm thinking seriously about NOT cooking. Whether that results in take out or salad remains to be seen. Probably salad.

Forecasting the weather has gone by the wayside: it seems today, which has been lovely but windy, has taken an unexpected turn. We're under a tornado watch 'til 10 pm and the radar shows some stuff happening to the west. Here we go again!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

The weather has been tough in Oklahoma. Be safe. In my thoughts.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:59 pm Another spend day. And a *&%$^ day at work so I'm thinking seriously about NOT cooking. Whether that results in take out or salad remains to be seen. Probably salad.

Forecasting the weather has gone by the wayside: it seems today, which has been lovely but windy, has taken an unexpected turn. We're under a tornado watch 'til 10 pm and the radar shows some stuff happening to the west. Here we go again!
Sandi hope you came the tornado alert in your area safely..
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Saturday night - we just got out of the storm shelter, this is the scariest we've had it, major wind raging, tornado sirens going off, spotty power, it was intense. KOTV is reporting that this system killed someone in OKC/El Reno. Sounds like there's been damage in Tulsa, not sure exactly where yet.

Friday night we had rain but it turned out to be just rain - LOTS of rain, which we didn't need, but no strong winds.

Waiting to see what happens with the next wave coming out of the west.

The weather guy (really, THE weather guy for Tulsa) is sounding weary. We can empathize.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

You are in my thoughts. Be safe.