Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Post by SandiSAHM »

Got a haircut. Took a good 8" off so it's pretty SHORT now. I tend to do things like that when I don't feel great, every little annoyance gets dealt with, and my hair annoyed me 1 time too many. DH says it's "cute." Cute was not the point ;)

So that was $ out because I can't cut hair, at all. Then the grocery store, the hardware store (twice, DH had a project :roll: - but it's done now and looks GREAT!! - as the console is NOT done (my fault, not his) I have to get excited about this one, LOL.

So I'm now at 3 out of 8 no-spend. Oh, math.... 37.5% (three-eighths - DUH, San!)

I know I'll spend at least twice more as the week progresses, but we'll see.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:36 pm
I have no gallstones. I have no pancreas, kidney, liver, lung, etc., issues, and my cardiac calcification score (arterial blockage indicator) is 0. Which basically means my likelihood of a heart issue is zip. It's nice to know you can fight SOME of the battles (my dad had cardiovascular disease) through diet and lifestyle and win. We'll see if diabetes messes with that.

I'm now "meh" on the metformin being the issue because I'm still back at my half dosage and the pain is back with a vengeance. If it's not the metformin and not anything in an organ, WHAT THE BLUE BLAZES...

Is it Celiac-related? Am I somehow ingesting something I'm not supposed to without knowing it? Routinely?

I guess I'll have to go back over every. single. thing. I eat, except of course the fresh veg and fruits, and see if anything has changed. This is driving me batty. It also makes me a little grouchy. It has to be inflammation because when I take an anti-inflammatory it decreases a little. I'm trying to avoid my gastroenterologist. Every time I see him I end up getting something scoped and I'm not in the mood.

As for DH and the offspring, I have decided to keep them. It took me 19+ years to change my last name to DH's (it used to make our tax guy give me pointed looks and start arguments, LOL) but I finally did it in 2018, so now I *have* to keep him. Because I've changed my name thrice now - to ex's, back to maiden, to DH's - and I'm not doing it again. Plus now there are kids and it's good to have their last name (I did USE DH's name, it just wasn't changed with SS so I had to file taxes with my maiden name, from time to time I got letters from the IRS, but I figured as long as I've used ONE SSN my whole life they don't need to be all up in a tizzy about it; still me, still only doing legal things).
Good luck with finding the source of your pain. Are you using any kind of statins for cholesterol? The last one almost brought me to my knees when it hit. It can be frustrating when you have a medical situation trying to find the source.

Good to know you are now one of family now that you changed your name...lol.
Janet Alliesmama

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:08 pm
Good luck with finding the source of your pain. Are you using any kind of statins for cholesterol? The last one almost brought me to my knees when it hit. It can be frustrating when you have a medical situation trying to find the source.

Good to know you are now one of family now that you changed your name...lol.
Nope; no statins. All I take is an allergy med and metformin.

Yeah... I guess they're stuck with me now, too ;)

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:42 pm
Nope; no statins. All I take is an allergy med and metformin.

Yeah... I guess they're stuck with me now, too ;)
Good luck with your search..
Janet Alliesmama

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I found a Smart Doctor. Unfortunately he's only a consulting person but a CT found what appears to be the source of ALL this pain - my lower lumbar has no discs between the vetebra(e? what's the plural?) anymore. The bones are all down there grinding each other into powder. Which makes for inflammation and "radiant" pain. And frankly the location of the issue explains SO MUCH. I can't lay down. At all, I have to be semi-reclined with back support and my legs up to sleep or I can barely walk when I try to get up.

So... he recommended steroid shots first, because surgery is usually a last-ditch "either fix it or shoot me" option that opens the door to complications and just MORE surgery (personal note: I've had 6 surgeries and outside of the 2 that delivered my kids, I really dislike the whole process - LOVE anesthesia (it's the saline used to deliver it that I really like) but hate waking up with an incision, pain, and the whole recovery thing - Janet's on my prayer list for her recovery because THAT does not sound like fun and yet she handles it with such grace). I just want to plow through and get things done. I'm terrible at "wait."

So now I'm on the quest for a pain management / neurosurgical (but not surgical) doctor. Who takes our insurance. In rural-ish Oklahoma. NBD, right? :lol:

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I do hope you find a pain doctor quickly. Surgery is not fun.