Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Post by SandiSAHM »

Spending moratorium went belly-up Sunday only because I needed a semi-deflated volleyball for PT at home, and some soft pants, also for PT, because all my sweat-style pants have been victims of painting projects and I still have 8 formal sessions to attend. DH said "it's Oklahoma, wear your pajama pants," (seriously, it's a thing here, everyone wears PJ bottoms and flip-flops no matter the temp -- I've seen it in SNOW, at a QuikTrip - she only came out with a fountain drink but there was snow on the ground and more falling). I gave him the Look. :roll:

Also needed leeks, walnuts, lemons...and yesterday picked up the dry cleaning and some stuff DD needed tailored.

Back on the moratorium.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:30 pm
I don't know where he went to school, I do know he works for a group led by a doctor who was recommended to me by the late orthopedic doctor for the Duke University basketball team (this is not a team preference, NC State has that honor ;) ). I had an ex with a problem and needed a recommendation; knew the team doc through weird circumstance - he knew a guy here, thank goodness.

The guy here fixed ex's problem (surgery) and even diagnosed something of mine while I was standing in his office and was RIGHT, whereas the doctor I'd seen before him still couldn't figure it out after an MRI. So I figure, the original doc being 25+ years older now than he was then and no longer actively practicing as much (new doc is at least 60, but that still puts him way younger than original doc) he probably doesn't bring fools into his organization. I feel reasonably safe with them, at least until their leadership retires or dies.

This PT is killing me :lol: I feel okay DURING, but good gravy give it 3 hours or a night's sleep and my muscles are like "what did you DO TO US?!?! We shall punish you!!" But I know, you have to get them used to it. It only hurts 'cause I'm a weenie.

The drug, though, Celebrex.... Wow. I'm not a painkiller user by nature but this stuff... I've actually slept pretty well the last 4 nights, and 2 weeks ago I'd have told you that would never happen again unless I could figure out how to sleep standing up.

Yes PT can be a big pain while they work on realignment, stretching, and strengthening. You will eventually reach a time when you will appreciate what you have gone through. Glad you are able to sleep better that is a big plus. Good luck.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:52 pm
Spending moratorium went belly-up Sunday only because I needed a semi-deflated volleyball for PT at home, and some soft pants, also for PT, because all my sweat-style pants have been victims of painting projects and I still have 8 formal sessions to attend. DH said "it's Oklahoma, wear your pajama pants," (seriously, it's a thing here, everyone wears PJ bottoms and flip-flops no matter the temp -- I've seen it in SNOW, at a QuikTrip - she only came out with a fountain drink but there was snow on the ground and more falling). I gave him the Look. :roll:

Also needed leeks, walnuts, lemons...and yesterday picked up the dry cleaning and some stuff DD needed tailored.

Back on the moratorium.
I have seen people around here that wear pj's in the stores as well. I think how ridiculous.. One school sent out notes to the parents that when you come to school for your child and need to come in to the school do not wear pj's or hair curlers. Look presentable to the children. Sad statement about how lax people have become. When I lived in town I use to change my clothes and put on makeup when I took my trash to the curb..lol Those days are over. I still dress decently but do not always put on makeup.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:11 pm
I have seen people around here that wear pj's in the stores as well. I think how ridiculous.. One school sent out notes to the parents that when you come to school for your child and need to come in to the school do not wear pj's or hair curlers. Look presentable to the children. Sad statement about how lax people have become. When I lived in town I use to change my clothes and put on makeup when I took my trash to the curb..lol Those days are over. I still dress decently but do not always put on makeup.
Hmmm, Mom always put her hair up in curlers in the morning. She would work around the house and yard with said curlers in her hair and then just before starting supper would remove the curlers, change out of the work around the house clothes into a dress or skirt and top, put on her makeup and be ready for Dad to come home. Back in the late 50's to mid 60's that is what women did. I remember seeing a few ladies picking up their children from school (kindergardeners mostly) wearing curlers and pushing strollers and thought nothing of it.

I do draw the line at pj bottoms being worn as clothing to go shopping though.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

People show up in stores around here in full pajamas/robe/slippers. The other thing now is basically oneies for adults. Some of them are like costumes ...

I resisted leggings/yoga pants for quite a while, but given what I see in public these days, I figured wearing those (as long as I keep my backside covered) is downright conservative.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:10 pm
People show up in stores around here in full pajamas/robe/slippers. The other thing now is basically oneies for adults. Some of them are like costumes ...

I resisted leggings/yoga pants for quite a while, but given what I see in public these days, I figured wearing those (as long as I keep my backside covered) is downright conservative.
That is too causal for me.. I think we have lost a sense of of what is appropriate in our country.

Yep as long as I am looking decent and nothing hanging loose or open I am ok..lol
Janet Alliesmama