Anyone Interested in A Pantry Challenge for the Month

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Anyone Interested in A Pantry Challenge for the Month

Post by Dgflorida »

I pulled another 5 lb roll of ground beef out of the freezer to thaw in the refrigerator. But me bad, I added two packages of cheap steaks to the freezer. After this roll of ground beef is finished, we must eat up some chicken. If the weather turns cold in March, like it did last year, I will get out some turkey. Two steps forward, only one step back.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

The past 6 days I have managed to clean out some more of the fridge freezer.

All youngest DSs tinfoil meals are now gone home with him. I used up a bag of frozen ham making the pizza we had for supper on Sunday, sent a bag of frozen ham and another of frozen chicken with DS as well.

Today I used up the remains of a bag of frozen green pepper in the sweet and sour ribs.

Hopefully a few more items will be gone this week.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Did a check on the pantry for near expire items. Most are good. Canned fish, a hurricane emergency food, is good through 2020, so I won't need more for this year's hurricane season unless we eat it up before that. Most other pantry foods get eaten up quickly. Freezer food in the chest freezer is dropping. 3 packages of chicken breasts and two rolls of ground beef. One boneless turkey breast and one whole turkey. Some misc. frozen vegetables. The refrigerator freezer has a couple of pints of ground beef patties and frozen vegetables. Goal is to be minimal frozen foods left when I travel in April.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I hope to clear a bit more out of the fridge freezer this month.

Today I plan on using some frozen pie crust to make up a dessert for the next few days.

I also have some meat there that I want to vacuum seal and store in the meat freezer.
Jackie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Got the turkey breast out of the freezer to thaw for Tuesday night. Discovered more turkey breasts in bags that I thought were filled with vegetables. See I use store plastic bags to store my bags of store bought frozen vegetables so they don't slip into the corners of the chest freezer. I assumed all the bags had vegetables. Educational moment.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used one of the frozen pie crusts making a one crust pie, and will be pulling out a bag of frozen chicken to use making supper tonight.

The fridge freezer is beginning to look like it is under control finally. I need to get another challenge going in getting my rather larger chest freezer under control next. Now that would be an interesting challenge for next month.
Jackie