Anyone Interested in A Pantry Challenge for the Month

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Anyone Interested in A Pantry Challenge for the Month

Post by Dgflorida »

Well, I will be gone next month, so I am using this month to get the chest freezer cleared. I hope that is ok with you. I love this challenge and I really needed it. Thanks Jackielou.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Turkey breast from the chest freezer is ready to go. Also started soaking dry beans to add to the crockpot with the turkey. Two for one cooking. The beans will be for dinner and a couple of other meal sides. Also used up a can of tomatoes with jalapeños and a can of chili beans for the chili. I thought I had some frozen hot peppers, but didn't see any. Still, it is progress on pantry reduction. The pantry is looking surprisingly lean. Thanks Jackielou for this challenge.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Finished off a bag of black beans. More shelf showing. Needs painting. LOL.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Well the end of the month has arrived and while I could still use up a few items in the fridge freezer, I did manage to make a fairly decent dent in what was in there. I will continue with the using up here and add in another pantry challenge for next month. Just not sure what it will be. I need to sleep on it.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Yes! I need another month of pantry challenge, Jackielou.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Whole turkey is in the refrigerator thawing. We finished the tray of chicken breasts. Today, I will get out a small tray of discounted beef steaks for dinner tonight. Tomorrow, most likely frozen ground beef patties. Meanwhile a pantry shelf is almost completely empty. Just a couple of cans of tomatoes, mushrooms and green beans. Getting closer!