Use up the Fabric Stash Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Use up the Fabric Stash Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

I still have loads of fabric to go through, and this is the month I try to use more of it up. I have a few spring/summer clothing patterns in mind as well as a quilt or two to use up the scraps of fabric I have saved for that as well.

Wish me luck as I would really like to get rid of one set of storage containers by the end of this month (as well as a couple of boxes).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Use up the Fabric Stash Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Started working on the 2" strips this week. I hope to have two or three quilt tops completed very soon (really very simple ones) and move on to a few other projects to rid me of some more fabric (or at least the fabric in the set of storage drawers I want emptied).
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I have gotten one quilt top completed from the strips and managed to rid the drawer of a few rolls. I started the second one yesterday and it looks as if this will use up a few more rolls. The problem is I still have lots to use. Hopefully they will be gone by the time I make the third quilt top. I do have a feeling though that there are enough strips to make 4 or 5 tops. Could be that the family reunion will get lots of silent auction items from me this year.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Finished the second top today and a few more rolls of 2" strips are gone. I started pinning the third together. Hopefully yet more will disappear from the stash.
Jackie
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I'd like to join in this challenge, though I will be moving along much slower in my use-it-up until after school is out in 2 months (WOW, only 2 more months??!!).

I do have plans to make my girls' new Church dresses for both Easter & summer, although the fabric I want to use for Easter is a sheer fabric, so I may be spending at Joann's (with two lovely 50% and 60% coupons I saw yesterday) for white stretch velour/velvet for tops, and colored satin for underskirts.

The summer dresses will be made from one of the many pieces of fabric (or two or three) I already have in my stash, and also using patterns I've been accumulating for years.

I also hope to make simple (hopefully dark-colored, depending on what the stash has) shorts for my girls. I do NOT like the short length of shorts available for girls, they bring to mind Daisy Duke's from Dukes of Hazard, and those seem Very Immodest and Inappropriate for 6 and 8 year old girls (and any age up to 20 as well ;) ).

I would also like to make 1-2 pair capris for me, or knee-length shorts as I have none -- "knee-length" shorts for anyone else are Way Too short for my long legs.

I also need to finish ds16's quilt top, then make & tie the sandwich together. I have tentative plans to make ds14 a quilt also, and likely ds11 one as well... lots to keep me busy this spring & summer.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:29 am I have gotten one quilt top completed from the strips and managed to rid the drawer of a few rolls. I started the second one yesterday and it looks as if this will use up a few more rolls. The problem is I still have lots to use. Hopefully they will be gone by the time I make the third quilt top. I do have a feeling though that there are enough strips to make 4 or 5 tops. Could be that the family reunion will get lots of silent auction items from me this year.
As I was reading through here, your comment about the Family Reunion auction caught my attention. Perhaps I will make several (or sets) items to take to my family's Reunion this summer, and whittle down my stashes even more. Less items to buy and whatever I make will likely last longer than any treat or toy I bought.