List your Expenses Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
delighted99

List your Expenses Challenge

Post by delighted99 »

I'm introducing a new challenge to all of you who maybe haven't taken a close look at your monthly expenses. List your monthly expenses! No, you don't have to share the details with the group. But if you feel like sharing a finding feel free to do so.

Erin has a terrific worksheet you can download and print from her site.
https://www.myfrugalhome.com/printable- ... worksheet/

I did this recently and it involved me taking a close look at my subscription services. Amazon, Netflix, professional organizations sure add up. I had to sit down and delve into accounts where I was doing auto-pay. I chose to simply use my current month's water and electricity costs to establish my monthly expenses. I went over them with DH and we agreed we were still within our means so no cancellations. BUT we did choose not to go for another season pass to our local amusement park.
Jackielou

Re: List your Expenses Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

We do this often, but I do want to take a closer look at some expenses. Would love to downgrade our TV package and might just do that if I can talk Hubby into it. The other item we have highlighted to look into more is our landline. I think we have almost decided to do away with it, but Hubby needs a new cell phone first.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Hubs does a monthly expense sheet. I tolerate it. He breaks thing out in ways I can't use. Since he is a pessimist and he can't find a pessimistic thing on the monthly sheet, that feels like a win. We live within our social security allotment most months. Situations like that trip to honor his brother's 50th wedding anniversary did put us back a bit. And I will get a new kitchen, handicap accessible. Thanks to the estate of my late mothering law. And I will tell my sister in law thank you for handling mother in law's money so well.

Our biggest expenses are taxes and insurance. I have tried to discuss with hubs that maybe we should consider less insurance. That has not been successful.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Just wanted to share information as far as the landline thing. We opted to keep ours because emergency services cannot always figure out the exact location from a cell phone call. I purchased a cell phone recently and it said this within the first few pages of the manual.

Jackielou wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:20 am We do this often, but I do want to take a closer look at some expenses. Would love to downgrade our TV package and might just do that if I can talk Hubby into it. The other item we have highlighted to look into more is our landline. I think we have almost decided to do away with it, but Hubby needs a new cell phone first.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

We decided to keep the landline. A lot of our business uses the phone number as a ID. So we would have to change all of them and I am not interested in doing that. Besides, cell phones can be lost or stolen and then we don't have the ID with your medical or financial resources. Just a risk. My neighbor says he gets drops on the cell phone and never does on the landline.