Eyes on the Prize

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Eyes on the Prize

Post by HappyDaze »

Well, a sort of "update" on the "economic state of the household", lol.

I was "going to" get internet - because "I can afford it now" ----- BUT...

I still have a "little bit" (about $3K) of unsecured debt - AND...

the $50 or so I would pay for internet each month will go a long way toward paying that off - FASTER - and paying less in interest.

Having a sort of "contest" with myself - how FAST, FAST, FAST!!! can I pay this off? Every spare penny being applied - can easily make extra payments via internet of phone - anytime I want to.

Every extra bit paid comes off the principal balance - decreases interest paid - gets me closer to Debt FREE!!!

I am proud and not at all disappointed to "delay gratification" for the "greater good". :-) How do you keep your "eyes on the prize'?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Re: Eyes on the Prize

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:38 am Well, a sort of "update" on the "economic state of the household", lol.

I was "going to" get internet - because "I can afford it now" ----- BUT...

I still have a "little bit" (about $3K) of unsecured debt - AND...

the $50 or so I would pay for internet each month will go a long way toward paying that off - FASTER - and paying less in interest.

Having a sort of "contest" with myself - how FAST, FAST, FAST!!! can I pay this off? Every spare penny being applied - can easily make extra payments via internet of phone - anytime I want to.

Every extra bit paid comes off the principal balance - decreases interest paid - gets me closer to Debt FREE!!!

I am proud and not at all disappointed to "delay gratification" for the "greater good". :-) How do you keep your "eyes on the prize'?
Sheila you go girl. It is hard sometimes to make those decisions. You are going to feel so much better when that weight is lifted off of your shoulders.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

What a great challenge and goal you have set for yourself. Go Girl Go!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

DG and Janet, thank you for the encouraging words. Since posting this, I have paid an extra $250 on that bill. It is nice to see that balance go down, down, down!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
rinty

Post by rinty »

You are good, Sheila. Well done.

DH was telling me about something utterly new to him this morning..........the idea of debt snowballing :shock: We were doing that 10 plus years ago, DH but , bless him

I confess to being motivated by treats, cos you only live once x But I do agree that nuthin' feels better than financial security and having no debt x
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

rinty wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:30 pm You are good, Sheila. Well done.

DH was telling me about something utterly new to him this morning..........the idea of debt snowballing :shock: We were doing that 10 plus years ago, DH but , bless him

I confess to being motivated by treats, cos you only live once x But I do agree that nuthin' feels better than financial security and having no debt x
Ah Rinty, I am appreciative of your support! It is motivating! Every extra penny is going on the debt - baby steps - slow and steady - we will celebrate the victory!

Charles M. Schultz