Count Me In: Christmas for Less Than $100!!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Count Me In: Christmas for Less Than $100!!

Post by HappyDaze »

I was just reading Erin's "Christmas for Under $100" for this year and I'm inspired!!! I'm going to try it for $100 or less out of pocket.

Here is who I have to buy for and what I have so far:

** Son and Daughter In Law -- DONE if need be but I might get them some candy or an ornament or something if the budget allows!! Got them a $50 Target gift card using my points from Yougov.com surveys - cost me NOTHING!! Will put it in a card and set it on their Christmas tree.

** Daughter and her Boyfriend: Have spent $3.64 at the thrift store so far, scoring a brand new picture frame and two beautiful, bone china tea mugs for my daughter. Put a FREE 8x10 photo in the frame.

** Parents: Have nothing yet.

** The DREADED office gifts -- thinking on this -- will keep you posted!! I have a $25 Walmart gift card I can spend on "Whatever" - got it from MyPoints.

HappyDaze

Re: Count Me In: Christmas for Less Than $100!!

Post by HappyDaze »

OOPS - I forgot my dogs, I have to get something from Lucy and Hope!! Stay tuned!!

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Update: $29 spent for a $25 gift card (plus $4 to ship it - UGH! -- yes I had to!!) to a very "exclusive" brand that my daughter loves - so total of $32.64 spent - all of it on just my daughter. This will be a challenge for sure!!

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Wow Sheila! I am a TOTAL disaster when it comes to a Christmas budget.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Sheila, you are doing just awesome.

We have a budget, and thank heavens I have never really gone over it until this year. My new chair (Christmas/birthday gift) puts us over.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am not really prepared for Christmas and need to tell my brother there's a $20
limit per person on gifts. DB is the one who gets all childish - and not in a good way -about Christmas.

DH and I do not exchange gifts and not working gets me out of the dreaded office gift exchange. I will get a small gift for my homeless shelter buddy, my single mom friend, and her two little boys. Otherwise there will be some pumpkin bread made and a couple of batches of fudge stirred up for gifts.
Mackie