2020: My Year for Buy Nothing New!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

2020: My Year for Buy Nothing New!

Post by HappyDaze »

I can't believe I'm going to try this friends - I am going to ATTEMPT to make 2020 my "buy nothing new" year.

I need to think through ALL of the "rules" and all of my "exceptions" (like light bulbs, anything necessary for health and safety...).

What counts as "buying"? If I get it with a gift card that I got for FREE - did I buy it?

I need to think of the "challenges" (clothing for work, someone's birthday) and the ways I can meet those challenges by not purchasing new things.

I think I can do this - I am excited to try.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Re: 2020: My Year for Buy Nothing New!

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:45 am I can't believe I'm going to try this friends - I am going to ATTEMPT to make 2020 my "buy nothing new" year.

I need to think through ALL of the "rules" and all of my "exceptions" (like light bulbs, anything necessary for health and safety...).

What counts as "buying"? If I get it with a gift card that I got for FREE - did I buy it?

I need to think of the "challenges" (clothing for work, someone's birthday) and the ways I can meet those challenges by not purchasing new things.

Good luck. I will look forward to seeing how you do.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:45 am I can't believe I'm going to try this friends - I am going to ATTEMPT to make 2020 my "buy nothing new" year.

Go for it. I think if it was just me I would give this a try as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good luck! I will be looking forward to your updates.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Check.out the non consumer advocate. She only hits undies and food and personal.and health products new I think
It's a great blog. I would not find enough second hand craft supplies or I might do.it.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:09 am Check.out the non consumer advocate. She only hits undies and food and personal.and health products new I think
It's a great blog. I would not find enough second hand craft supplies or I might do.it.
Thanks for that resource, Quilter!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz