Sandi's 2020 $ Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Sandi's 2020 $ Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:26 pm Our state #s are weird, it's like 1101, 1164, 1089, 1083, 1276, 990 - by day since Monday. And the low #s are always on weekends, who knows why - test result return times vary pretty wildly here, from same-day to 10-days depending on where you get tested, so it's hard to find a pattern. Overall, the "trend" in that sequence of #'s, thought, isn't down. But because it dropped from 1164 to 1089, then to 1083, and ended at 990... I know people who think the trend is down. That 1276? Yeah, they think that's an anomaly, even though it's higher than last week's high #. :roll:
Guess they just don't know how to read numbers.

We are actually very lucky in Canada. Our numbers are very low in comparison (have to ask Hubby the weekly rate, I just watch our provinces. My province had 11 cases yesterday...but that while lower than the day before was still high. We had about 3 months where we had no infections.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

SandiSAHM

.....you'd think I'd said I had personally seen Godzilla.... (LOL, LOL, my laugh for the day). I, too, occasionally get that look for one reason or another.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

It's been well over a week since the flu shot and beyond a sore throat that might have been ragweed and mold spore related just as easily as anything else, I have no cold or flu symptoms.

Which only means DH will be bugging me about flu shots every year. Oh well, better safe than sorry, I guess.

Haven't had $ going out since Wednesday, not really planning on any expenditures before at least next Wednesday or Thursday & that'll just be a fresh fruit and veg run.

Took a long walk with the family last night. Jumped off something and fell (note to self: you are NOT 19 anymore, try to behave) twisted my hip wrong, bruised up a shin, but for some reason it struck me as hilarious and I laughed for a good 10 minutes when DH was saying 'you should probably be crying, cause this is going to hurt for a looong time.' Yeah, it doesn't feel great right now, LOL, but I'll recover. I will avoid jumping off things in the future, but I'll also look into some balance exercises, there's no reason I shouldn't have stuck that landing (it was a jump onto gravel, though, not the most stable spot to land).
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:15 pm It's been well over a week since the flu shot and beyond a sore throat that might have been ragweed and mold spore related just as easily as anything else, I have no cold or flu symptoms.

Which only means DH will be bugging me about flu shots every year. Oh well, better safe than sorry, I guess.

Haven't had $ going out since Wednesday, not really planning on any expenditures before at least next Wednesday or Thursday & that'll just be a fresh fruit and veg run.

Took a long walk with the family last night. Jumped off something and fell (note to self: you are NOT 19 anymore, try to behave) twisted my hip wrong, bruised up a shin, but for some reason it struck me as hilarious and I laughed for a good 10 minutes when DH was saying 'you should probably be crying, cause this is going to hurt for a looong time.' Yeah, it doesn't feel great right now, LOL, but I'll recover. I will avoid jumping off things in the future, but I'll also look into some balance exercises, there's no reason I shouldn't have stuck that landing (it was a jump onto gravel, though, not the most stable spot to land).
You are lucky your were not more seriously injured. Take care and hope your Ouchy is better soon. Gentle ((hug)) Janet
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:01 pm You are lucky your were not more seriously injured. Take care and hope your Ouchy is better soon. Gentle ((hug)) Janet
It wasn't nearly as funny as around 10 years ago, we were walking in the "woods" at a state park and I went over a downed tree - with my hands in my pockets... smack into the fallen leaves and scrub. I went to see my chiropractor the next Monday and he said "What... have you done?" :lol:

To this day my kids tell me to take my hands out of my pockets when they see fallen trees or even just logs. Smart alecks ;)

I barely feel last week's goof today.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Monday. Bleh.

No unexpected expenditures over the weekend :D

DD will be 19 this week. Time flies. So...planned expenditures. Much broo-ha-ha.