Let's Repair it Ourselves!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Let's Repair it Ourselves!

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:02 am Allie use to dig the corkscrew dog anchors up. I finally had to buy a large heavy metal anchor to keep her safely in the yard. Hope your fur babies stay safe.
Janet, I don't use the corkscrew anchors because I'm afraid of that very thing. I have their run thingy hooked through 4 cement blocks, then clipped onto itself and duct taped. Also duct taped where I connected two lines - because one didn't give them enough room to roam around the yard.

I started with just one cement block a couple years ago - NOPE - Hope could run away with a cement block weighing her down. Luckily, she can't move 4.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:45 am Janet, I don't use the corkscrew anchors because I'm afraid of that very thing. I have their run thingy hooked through 4 cement blocks, then clipped onto itself and duct taped. Also duct taped where I connected two lines - because one didn't give them enough room to roam around the yard.

I started with just one cement block a couple years ago - NOPE - Hope could run away with a cement block weighing her down. Luckily, she can't move 4.
Good to know your fur babies are safe.. The cement blocks sound like the same thing I achieved with the metal weight for Allie.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:58 am Good to know your fur babies are safe.. The cement blocks sound like the same thing I achieved with the metal weight for Allie.
My brother actually came up with the idea when my knee was injured. I had been taking them out on a leash to potty and could no longer do so. I had to have a way to leash them from inside the house, then open the door and let them out.

I did have my son, my brother and my ex coming to take them for their daily walk - but needed a solution for when they just had to go potty.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

DH put up several layers of reed screening on the small section of our chain link back fence that we did not cover with bamboo fencing (because we ran short and it's expensive, plus the spot was in a corner behind a bush). We had to do this because our new neighbors have a dog who comes to the open spot and challenges our dogs.

He could not get it fastened well enough and our Rosie Dog was trying to tear it down. I used a curved carpet needle and some braided nylon fishing line to basically sew the layers together and to the chain link. It seems to be working well.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:07 pm DH put up several layers of reed screening on the small section of our chain link back fence that we did not cover with bamboo fencing (because we ran short and it's expensive, plus the spot was in a corner behind a bush). We had to do this because our new neighbors have a dog who comes to the open spot and challenges our dogs.

He could not get it fastened well enough and our Rosie Dog was trying to tear it down. I used a curved carpet needle and some braided nylon fishing line to basically sew the layers together and to the chain link. It seems to be working well.

Mackie great frugal save..
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:07 pm DH put up several layers of reed screening on the small section of our chain link back fence that we did not cover with bamboo fencing (because we ran short and it's expensive, plus the spot was in a corner behind a bush). We had to do this because our new neighbors have a dog who comes to the open spot and challenges our dogs.

Fishing line is good for so many things other than just fishing. ;) Good for you.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/