Let's Repair it Ourselves!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
MackerelCat

Re: Let's Repair it Ourselves!

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, I really love this type of line. I bought it to replace the string in our Dah Bird cat toy years ago. It's some kind of deep sea fishing line I saw recommended on Amazon for that task. It's incredibly strong but pliable and ties very easily and securely. It's useful for so many really heavy-duty repairs.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Hubby repaired (well replaced really) the cracked skirting on our jet tub over the past month. He did an awesome job building something that should last a very long time. The cost was a fraction of what ordering new front skirting would be and it gave him a project to work on which is priceless.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I fixed my bedroom lamp with the help of my cousin in RI. He is an electrician. I did not even have to replace the socket. He asked me to text him a photo of the inside of the old socket and he suggested some things to do (unplugged, of course). I did this about a week ago and it has been perfect.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

DH is freshly back from the EU. While he normally does carry-on only, for some reason he checked his carry-on suitcase on the way back.

Well, after a few years of routine travel and a pandemic pause, the manhandling by luggage folk was too much and it popped a seam on the "expanding" part.

I think I'm going to try to fix it. I have upholstery needles and fabric glue, I figure if I sew first with a polyester thread and secure that with glue, we might get another year or two out of it.

One of the countries where he was is going back on lockdown next week, all work from home only, so I may have time before the next trip.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I just got out the glue gun and reattached some of the decorations on the big Christmas wreath for my front door. I had it up but decided to take it down and spruce it up a little bit, using some spare pine cones and other little objects I've been saving.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:47 pm I just got out the glue gun and reattached some of the decorations on the big Christmas wreath for my front door. I had it up but decided to take it down and spruce it up a little bit, using some spare pine cones and other little objects I've been saving.
Sprucing something up always makes me feel great. I should spruce up a few of the Christmas décor items that I will be putting out.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/