Let's Repair it Ourselves!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Let's Repair it Ourselves!

Post by HappyDaze »

My co-worker and her little boy made salt dough Easter eggs for people this year. She left mine on my desk at work and I got it days after the fact but regardless, it's so pretty and such a sweet thing to do. Somehow, in transit (it was in my work bag and I was walking), I broke it. So - I used hot glue to repair it and you can't even tell.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:49 pm My co-worker and her little boy made salt dough Easter eggs for people this year. She left mine on my desk at work and I got it days after the fact but regardless, it's so pretty and such a sweet thing to do. Somehow, in transit (it was in my work bag and I was walking), I broke it. So - I used hot glue to repair it and you can't even tell.
That was sweet. Glad you were able to repair it.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:55 pm That was sweet. Glad you were able to repair it.
Me too Janet - it was such a nice gesture at a time when people were so upset. My coworker is like that - she is a blessing in my life.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I repaired 2 window blinds and rehung them.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:43 am I repaired 2 window blinds and rehung them.
Congrats.
Janet Alliesmama
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

That fan I cleaned a couple of weeks ago has stopped working again so I will be taking it apart to see what the problem is. I brought in a brand new fan I bought last year and still had in the box. These pedestal fans really put out a nice stream of air and goes a long way. I have three of them including the one I need to fix. We use the a lot to cut down on air conditioning costs.

Bev