Action April

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Action April

Post by Jackielou »

A new month and new challenges ahead for all of us.

I know that to some, my keeping track of no spend days is kind of redundant, but it is what keeps my shopping when bored addiction in check (mind you with social distancing and wanting to get in and out of the stores as soon as possible....perhaps it is redundant?)

Today will not be a no spend day...… It will however be an allowable spend day and one in which I will keep spending to a minimum (hopefully).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
rinty

Re: Action April

Post by rinty »

I like this thread title, Jackie. Hunkering down means less to spend on a Big family Bash at Easter. I shopped today but do NOT want to be in the shops again this side of Easter.

No incidental spending as everything is SHUT and I don't see me needing petrol either.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

My goodness, is it my imagination or have prices risen in the last few weeks. I did only go to one store, the bank and get fuel. Perhaps comparison shopping and visiting a few stores is the way to go. However I want in and out quickly.

Next on my action plan is seeing what needs to be altered in my closet.
Jackie
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Count me in on this one !

I am currently being paid for being off, but not sure that will continue if they extend this so really need to watch my pennies.

Today was a no spend day. It was also a day in which I used up a lot of items

Made potato salad which used up the last 4 russet potatoes and mayo in the fridge
Made enchilada casserole, which used up the last of two kinds of shredded cheese and 2 partial packages of corn tortillas that were in the freezer.

Now if I can just continue on this path, it will prove to be a great month.
Aunt Bridget
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

This one will be easy for me - most of the month will consist of no spend days.

I did pay bills yesterday - my electric bill and trash bill. Ordered a heated neck/shoulder massager online - paid mostly with amazon gift card credits - but was $6.38 out of pocket.

Saturday is my great-niece's third birthday. I feel like I want to walk the 2 miles to their house and take her something (would maintain proper distance, give gift and leave) - but I don't want to go to ANY store for ANY reason. I will see what I have in my gift closet - but I don't think anything appropriate for a 3-year-old. We will see - I may just put a card in the mail today.

Off to earn some more amazon credits and get more coffee!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So in keeping track of my no spend days out of the three days this month only one has been no spend. Here is hoping that tomorrow and Sunday are in fact no spends.

I have decided against altering anything right now. It is almost spring and most of the clothing in my closet is winter weight items. Then again I could regain the weight once all this is over which would negate any altering I have done.

That being said most of the clothing that was a bit tight (or overly tight) now fits perfectly. Big plus in my books.

My Action plan for today is to gather what I need to start sewing some of the cut out projects and get our taxes ready to go (I add up our expenditures on the various medical things and Hubby does the rest).
Jackie