September Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

September Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by Jackielou » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Going to really try and use up all those bits and bobs in the craft room, and all the leftovers in the fridge.

Anyone care to join in?

ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

Re: September Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by ErinHuffstetler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:54 pm

I'm in. I'm going to try to squeeze in more curb shopping this month to see what we can find for the cabin. We recently scored a big pile of decking that we're using to redo the bath house porch. Can't wait to see what we'll find next. Would really like to find a bunch of doors for a project I hope to start on soon.

Keeping up with what's in the fridge has become more of a challenge now that the kids are packing their own lunches, so I'm hoping to make some progress there, too.
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com

peaches

Post by peaches » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Hello, Jan/peaches here.. I've been a long time member of FL forum, I used to post quite a bit yrs ago. But have lurked for the last 8 or so yrs. Anyway, I'm in !!! Thanks Jackie and Erin for this forum.. I saw earlier this week that other forums were GOING.. and wondered if you all would be forming a new one Again THANKs.. Love reading this forum I feel like I know most of you well! :oops: embaressed that I lurked for SO long.

ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

Post by ErinHuffstetler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:34 pm

So glad you decided to come out of lurkdom :) We actually built this forum a year ago, just in case About ever decided to close the FL forum. As soon as I heard the news, we pulled it out of storage, and got busy working on it again. It's such a great community, I couldn't bear to see it go away. We'll just pick up right where we left off over on the other forum :)
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com

peaches

Post by peaches » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:49 pm

ErinHuffstetler wrote:So glad you decided to come out of lurkdom :) We actually built this forum a year ago, just in case About ever decided to close the FL forum. As soon as I heard the news, we pulled it out of storage, and got busy working on it again. It's such a great community, I couldn't bear to see it go away. We'll just pick up right where we left off over on the other forum :)
Yep Erin, I remember but didn't really pay attention if you posted a link.. I missed it! Just happy everyone has a place to come and BE frugal... Will you still be at About.com at all? nosey aint I? :lol:

ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

Post by ErinHuffstetler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:53 pm

Yep, I'll still be writing the Frugal Living topic for About, just minus the forum. I'm a busy girl indeed :)
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com