September Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: September Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

dlrcpa wrote:Goal for September will be to cut & sew another summer sundress/nightgown and knit a baby afghan for sale in the spring. Baby afghan will be wild-multicolored so I need to play with a block pattern I think.

We'll be on vacation one week so I will take along some cross-stitch and try to complete an item or two.
Sound a lot like me dlrcpa. When we leave on vacation my tablet comes with me along with some knitting, embroidery or cross stitch. Sometimes even a couple of projects travel along.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Yay! ... glad this topic got moved over!

Anyway, still doing well on eating up leftovers. Been consolidating bottles of nearly-used-up cleaners. Washed out the bottles and used that to clean out some of the bathroom fixtures.

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Yeah, I am ready to pour my 3 sets of survey shampoos and conditioners into 1 bottle of each if it fits. 6 bottles sitting around is a bit ridiculous. I use people conditioner on the dog too but he has his own shampoo. :lol:

peaches

Post by peaches »

It was raining when I got up this morning. VERY COOOL.. I'm loving it!!!!Yesterday for lunch I used up the last of some soup I made during the 'coolish" weather we had. Made and ate the last of hamburger into patties last nite. DH does the shopping for me so we had an over abundance of (2 1/2 BIG heads) cabbage.. I've been making ALOT of cole slaw here lately... I also added quite a bit to the above mentioned soup... only have 1/2 a head left! The weatherman just said the hi today will be 79.. Yayyyy!! :D So I just laid out 2 pork chops for dinner.. Got plenty of frozen veggies to add to it. Dh will sure enjoy a "cooked" meal tonite. 2 yrs ago Atlanta started accepting recyclables: plastics ...paper... tin cans glass and aluminum .. I just put all out to be collected.. Can't think of anything else.. Hope you all have a GREAT day!!! :)

blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I am in. need to be frugal this month as taxes are coming up in october. also need an oil filter change in september and some paint for the upstairs. I have decided to give it a try myself! wish me luck. cj

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am in. I have a lot of things that I need to work on. Just need to find the energy.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama