September Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
lennon05

Re: September Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by lennon05 »

I sorted through my fridge and freezer today to look for anything that needs to be used soon. I will be buying very little the next two weeks.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Made up a batch of BBQ sauce that used:
1/2 of leftover coffee, plus one of those little packets of instant coffee
The rest of a bottle of ketchup
All of the little packages of ketchup that had been sitting in the fridge.

Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

Used up the last of the onion and broccoli last night. I have quite a lot of leftover ham to package and freeze. I will use the nine for ham and beans I think.

I used up a deep conditioning hair sample, a perfume sample and finished up a mascara sample this week. I will focus on using all those samples up! Holy Moses there are a lot that I've gotten.

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Used quite a few odds & ends making a casserole cozy - quilted fabric, bias tape, woven straps, buttons and a piece of plastic canvas - whew! DH said it might get food on it - I said it better not! Too pretty!

blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

We have plenty of leftovers from the party yesterday so that will be the meal plan for this week--to use it all up! prior to that I have been using up everything in the freezer to start over again and get a large meat pack. much cheaper than buying it individually. the place I go packs it in small amounts and is freezer ready so no muss no fuss. pantry is looking good in kitchen and in the basement. just need to get a few items. used up all the nearly exprired items. getting ready for the fall and winter! cj

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have been doing a lot of dibs and dabs using what I have. Off hand cannot remember everything but feel good about using things up. I need to post daily so that it does not become a chore to write everything down. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama