My New Challenge - Earn $100 a Month Online

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

My New Challenge - Earn $100 a Month Online

Post by HappyDaze »

So - I have in the past attempted to earn $50 a month online - and it hasn't been too terribly difficult - one textbroker article can pay upwards of $20 and I do a lot of surveys that pay a dollar or two.

So NOW...I went and got Wi-Fi that costs $50 a month - so my NEW GOAL/CHALLENGE is to earn $100 a month - so I'm going to have to be more focused. I plan to designate 2 hours in the evening on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and 3 to 4 hours on the weekend to "working online".

So far for August, I have earned $2.00 on M-Turk and $1.00 in Amazon credit for doing a different survey (I count that) -- so $3 dollars.

I have had it with not being able to go to the library to do my online work. There are people who sit in their cars in the library parking lot and use the Wi-Fi - I found that uncomfortable - and just not a realistic option for me. BUT - I feel I have to double my goal to cover the Wi-Fi expense - which I find to be ridiculous - but it's also entertainment, helps me save money, etc.

Let's see if I can do this - no reason I can't if I FOCUS - and it beats getting a second job outside of the house - I am SO OVER that!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
SandiSAHM

Re: My New Challenge - Earn $100 a Month Online

Post by SandiSAHM »

I admire your dedication; after 5-8 hours a weekday at the work-from-home job, I can't 'compute' anymore and have to find something more physical to do.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

SandiSAHM wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:06 pm I admire your dedication; after 5-8 hours a weekday at the work-from-home job, I can't 'compute' anymore and have to find something more physical to do.
Sandi, I do too and trust me, I incorporate a lot of movement into my days to compensate for time sitting at the computer. Isn't it amazing (NOT in a good way) what that does to a body?

I would much rather have kept my Friday evening job putting out magazines at the grocery store around the corner - but my back wouldn't have it. I spoke to my supervisor about the possibility of making the big totes full of magazines lighter and he said they could not - as all the totes wouldn't fit into the delivery van if the contained fewer magazines. Also the repetitive motion of lifting the totes, even after removing enough magazines to make them "light" - my back wasn't having that either. I do miss that job - it was fun. I saw the new person in the store a couple weeks ago - she is pregnant - I don't know how she is doing it.

Anyhoo...this "at home gig" doesn't pay as much - not even minimum wage sometimes - but I like that I get to be at home - and setting specific hours/days has helped my mindset a great deal. I think even after I retire I will earn a little "extra income" by doing surveys, writing articles, etc.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:20 pm So - I have in the past attempted to earn $50 a month online - and it hasn't been too terribly difficult - one textbroker article can pay upwards of $20 and I do a lot of surveys that pay a dollar or two.

So NOW...I went and got Wi-Fi that costs $50 a month - so my NEW GOAL/CHALLENGE is to earn $100 a month - so I'm going to have to be more focused. I plan to designate 2 hours in the evening on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and 3 to 4 hours on the weekend to "working online".

So far for August, I have earned $2.00 on M-Turk and $1.00 in Amazon credit for doing a different survey (I count that) -- so $3 dollars.

I have had it with not being able to go to the library to do my online work. There are people who sit in their cars in the library parking lot and use the Wi-Fi - I found that uncomfortable - and just not a realistic option for me. BUT - I feel I have to double my goal to cover the Wi-Fi expense - which I find to be ridiculous - but it's also entertainment, helps me save money, etc.

Let's see if I can do this - no reason I can't if I FOCUS - and it beats getting a second job outside of the house - I am SO OVER that!!
Good luck Sheila. I will never make that kind of money but I am making myself set down more often to do searches and surveys on various sites. Every little penny helps.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:09 pm Good luck Sheila. I will never make that kind of money but I am making myself set down more often to do searches and surveys on various sites. Every little penny helps.
I could not agree with you more Janet that every little penny helps. I have had instances in the past where those "little pennies" have made all the difference.

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Okay friends, I'm rethinking this a little bit. Is making $100 a month online doable? YES, it is very doable - and it's not difficult in and of itself. Is it "doable" if I am to have adequate time for my reading, dog walking, crafting, "frugaling", etc.? Not as much...

I spend more than an hour and a half each evening walking my dogs (first one, then the other - can't take them together). I spend another hour making my supper and cleaning up from that. Add another hour for whatever household chores I'm going to do and preparing for the next day (pick out outfit, pack lunch, etc.).

More often than not I want a shower before bed - it really helps me to cool down so I can sleep - there's another 15 minutes for showering, brushing my teeth, combing out my hair.

So - I'm thinking I'm going to stick with $50 - at least that will pay for the cost of my internet - which is also my entertainment - crafting videos, free movies, etc. That will be good and still allow me to have time for other things - you know - have a life, lol.

Charles M. Schultz