No Spend November Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: No Spend November Challenge

Post by HappyDaze »

Most of the past week has been no-spend - pretty good considering I was not working and live a stone's throw from my favorite stores (Dollar Tree, etc.). I did spend yesterday. I went to Dollar Tree for coffee filters and came out $9.42 later - that's not good.

I wanted today to be no-spend - but the grocery stores here have some deals I don't want to pass up - sweet potatoes for .39 cents a pound, cabbage for .50 cents a pound and a few other things. We don't "need" the food - but grabbing those deals will help extend the life of some of our other things on had that are in pantry and freezer.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:57 am
Most of the past week has been no-spend - pretty good considering I was not working and live a stone's throw from my favorite stores (Dollar Tree, etc.). I did spend yesterday. I went to Dollar Tree for coffee filters and came out $9.42 later - that's not good.

I wanted today to be no-spend - but the grocery stores here have some deals I don't want to pass up - sweet potatoes for .39 cents a pound, cabbage for .50 cents a pound and a few other things. We don't "need" the food - but grabbing those deals will help extend the life of some of our other things on had that are in pantry and freezer.
Those are great deals, and being able to extend the life of the pantry and freezer is a very good thing.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Today will also be a no spend day. This will bring me to 14, so I am well on track to making at least my goal for the month.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

It is day number 15 of no spending here on the old homestead. Even Hubby is beginning to get in on the act by asking me how I am doing. Now if I could just get him to try this on his part... Mind you I am the one that pays the regular bills and does all the shopping and prescription runs.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I did go shopping on Wednesday for things in Walmart so what with bill paying and groceries today I will be sitting still at 15 days of no spending.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Today will be no spend so that brings me to 15 for the month. I hope to stretch this further yet.