Ring In December No Spend

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Ring In December No Spend

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackie, 10 out of 13 is amazing!! I'm going to have to break down and buy dog treats tomorrow - but I am determined to make this a no spend weekend. They have some treats that someone gave us because their dog doesn't like them - and they don't like them so much - but they can do with those or do without until after work tomorrow - mama isn't spending any money!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:14 am Jackie, 10 out of 13 is amazing!! I'm going to have to break down and buy dog treats tomorrow - but I am determined to make this a no spend weekend. They have some treats that someone gave us because their dog doesn't like them - and they don't like them so much - but they can do with those or do without until after work tomorrow - mama isn't spending any money!!
I will be spending a couple of days next week, and I just know on the lead up to Christmas there will be rushing out and buying all those little things I seem to have "forgotten". Hopefully I will remember to add things to my lists before I shop, though sometimes my brain is not functioning correctly.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:56 am I will be spending a couple of days next week, and I just know on the lead up to Christmas there will be rushing out and buying all those little things I seem to have "forgotten". Hopefully I will remember to add things to my lists before I shop, though sometimes my brain is not functioning correctly.
I can certainly relate to that, Jackie! I already have a list started for when I do go shopping - flour, coffee, dish soap...on and on...

And I do need to pick up a few little things for Christmas - my son and daughter-in-law's chocolate oranges and little odds and ends like that - that is the type of Christmas shopping that drives me bonkers.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:05 am I can certainly relate to that, Jackie! I already have a list started for when I do go shopping - flour, coffee, dish soap...on and on...

And I do need to pick up a few little things for Christmas - my son and daughter-in-law's chocolate oranges and little odds and ends like that - that is the type of Christmas shopping that drives me bonkers.
Yep, and those are the little things that I seem to forget to write down and then have to run and purchase in a special trip.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Since it is so darn cold out, I can safely say that I do not plan on going anywhere at all today (unless it is a quick walk to get the mail).

This will give me 11 no spend days so far this month.
Jackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:01 am Yep, and those are the little things that I seem to forget to write down and then have to run and purchase in a special trip.
I do the same! And I'll see things I know I need and think "I'm not shopping for that type of thing today" so I won't get it - then I wish I had!

Charles M. Schultz