Declutter 2021 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: Declutter 2021 Challenge

Post by HappyDaze »

I went through my closet again. Eliminated 2 t-shirts and 2 pairs of shoes (one I can never wear again since my knee injury), 3 pairs of dress pants and 2 jeans that I only WISH I could wear, and 2 sweaters. I will see if my daughter wants any of it before I donate it. Also found three little tiny stoneware bowls in the kitchen that I can part with - added them to the box.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

In my decluttering today, I came across my old coupon box. The box was filled with 200-300 coupons, all with No Expiration Date. (When was the last time you saw a coupon with No Expiration Date?) I’m throwing out the box which has seen better days and most of the coupons but saved 20-30 on products I still buy - Celestial Seasoning Tea, cereals (Nabisco Shredded Wheat & Bran, Cheerios, Wheaties, Total), Liquid Gold furniture polish, Bandaids, etc. I wonder if they will go through the grocery scanner? I’ll give one a try sometime soon.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:34 pm In my decluttering today, I came across my old coupon box. The box was filled with 200-300 coupons, all with No Expiration Date. (When was the last time you saw a coupon with No Expiration Date?) I’m throwing out the box which has seen better days and most of the coupons but saved 20-30 on products I still buy - Celestial Seasoning Tea, cereals (Nabisco Shredded Wheat & Bran, Cheerios, Wheaties, Total), Liquid Gold furniture polish, Bandaids, etc. I wonder if they will go through the grocery scanner? I’ll give one a try sometime soon.
What a treasure trove. I don't think that I have seen a coupon without an expiry date in years.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I added a few more items (4) to the donation bag yesterday.
Jackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I'm stuck in the office during lunch (again) and was entertaining myself by looking up estate sales in the city this weekend. There was one house that actually gave me anxiety looking at it. It was a living estate sale, meaning the folks were cleaning out their home, and they apparently had held onto almost everything they'd bought since before the 1970s.

It is a huge house and the stuff is neatly arranged, as it's being done by an estate sale company, but it's just an unreal amount of ... thoughtless purchasing. Now I have the urge to go home and clean out cabinets. Gah.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Started a new donation bag late yesterday evening. There are 15 items ready to go the next time I am out and about.
Jackie