Declutter 2021 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
floridacatlover

Re: Declutter 2021 Challenge

Post by floridacatlover »

I decluttered a plastic box that had an extra landline phone and cords and cables. I got rid of almost everything. Put the phone in my donation box and the cords and cables in a bag. Online it says not to throw the cables/cords away but recycle at Best Buy. I’ll try to go there on Wednesday. Kept the cord for my old Cisco router “just in case” and a cord for my Brother printer/scanner which I believe is only for the fax part that I don’t use but again “just in case.”

Also I decluttered another plastic box with caulking (probably dry), some sort of metal compound, old shower head and a few toilet-related products. It still has a flag holder and a few other things but is mostly empty.
floridacatlover

Even though I still have paperwork to declutter, I’m back in my laundry room. I decluttered about a dozen padded envelopes (used but I had taken the labels off and saved them to use “just in case”), bubble wrap and probably two dozen pieces of cardboard. I saved two unused padded envelopes and two large used ones.

Tonight I went through one of my two tool boxes. This is the “extra” one and I threw away about six items, donated two items and put one item in a different box. I’ll go through the primary toolbox soon. They stack so don’t take up too much room. Every little bit helps.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Decluttered a ceramic canister set and some tupperware and plastic containers. Also managed to declutter some spice containers. I gave them to youngest DS.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I purged some glass jars and their metal lids and put them in the recycling. I love to save my glass jars for freezing things and storing leftovers - but I had way more than I could use.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

This afternoon I decluttered my jewelry. I’m sure I could do more but got a very good start. I put about 10+ necklaces and 20+ pair of earrings in ziplock bags for donations. I have everything consolidated (I hope) except my few pieces of good jewelry which I keep separate. Before the decluttering I had quite a bit that didn’t fit in my jewelry boxes but it now all fits. I’d like to find a bracelet stand because right now I have them in stackable glass containers (rummage sale) but I haven’t found a sturdy bracelet holder.

I added five blouses to my donations. I pulled out a sixth blouse to donate but put it back in the closet.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Sun May 30, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

My decluttering challenge is going to involve having a yard sale later on in the summer. I am currently making a list of things I want to purge and hopefully the prices will be low enough that they will be gone. It is so hard to donate things these days that I think I would do better with a yard sale plus have some free things out there that I can't donate, mostly magazines. Books, clothes, etc. my house and garage are so cluttered.

I will start boxing up things, a little at a time and find an area to keep them until the sale.

Bev